1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

My 20 gallon nano tank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gm333, Mar 7, 2008.

1. gm333

gm333 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I built this tank with the idea of growing out corals. It has since turned into pretty much a zoa/paly tank.
    I built the stand and hood, as well as drilled the 15 gallon long tank and made the 10 gallon sump. I have a total of about 300.00 dollars invested in this tank. It is lighted by 2-24" t-5 retro. The skimmer is a Aqua-C Remora nano skimmer. The return pump is a Rio 2100, its a little overkill, but I got it cheap. I have about 30 lbs of live rock in the tank and sump.

The inhabitants are

1- black misbar perc

1-dragon pipefish

1-seabass

1-mithrax crab

1-peppermint shrimp

Most of the zoa/palys are frags from my 135 tank.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gm333

gm333 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Some of my coral pics from this tank.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Beautiful tank!

4. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice work! I like all the color! I wish the first pictures were bigger /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif Do you have any pictures of the fish?

5. gm333

gm333 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By phishcrazee on 03/07/2008 7:54 PM
    Nice work! I like all the color! I wish the first pictures were bigger /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif src="/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif" align=absMiddle border=0> Do you have any pictures of the fish?
    Thanks for the comments, here is a bigger pic of the FTS shot, unfortunatly it is too big for the site so you have to view the bigger size here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/23795906@N05/2292488907/sizes/l/in/set-72157603980623929/
    Here is a pic of the dragon pipefish, clown, and the seabass.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What kinf of flow do you have in there? Looks like a Koralia or Tunze Tubobelle of some sort? What does the pipefish eat? Very cool fish!

7. gm333

gm333 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have a korallia nano plus the flow from the pump.

The pipefish eats pods, and I do belive he is eating some of the frozen coral food I use as every time I feed the coral food he goes nuts.