1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Moving a Long Tentecal Anemone...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gb387, Sep 7, 2008.

1. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a LTA, have had him about 3 months.  I put him in the tank and he vanished for about 2 months.  He has now come out and settled in at spot where I am going to add some base rock to create a 'shelf' for additional coral.  He is in one of the darkest areas of my tank and has lost all color, he was a very nice green when I first introduced him to the thank.  My question is....  Is there a way I can place him somewhere and make him stay, he is going to have to move there is no question but I want him where I want him!

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't believe you can "pick" their spot and stay.  They'll move where ever they are comfortable at. 

3. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Huh... bummer anyone else?

4. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By REEFer Madness on 09/07/2008 12:32 PM
    I don't believe you can "pick" their spot and stay.  They'll move where ever they are comfortable at. 
    I agree with what Reefer is saying here.  They will move where they want.

5. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have one and they can move to brighter locations usually, unless something is making it not want to, ie too much current/water flow, maybe the light is too bright, maybe there are corals in the way and it can't cross them etc. I'm surprised it's made it after being in the dark for that long........they will go where they want to.  Mine seems to prefer sand to put his foot into.  Where he was previously, he was attached to rock because they had a BB tank....... I think they prefer sand though in the wild.

6. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am suprised he made it that long as well... The sand thing helps as thats where he is now, I initially placed him in the rock but he didn't stay.