1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Monthly Social - Don`t Forget!

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by JB, Aug 27, 2009.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hope to see everyone there tonight!
    -JB

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for posting the reminder JB. See you there!

--AJ

3. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will trying to take a vacation day today, just to attend the social, well not just to attend the social. Who really wants to work on a day like today anyway. LOL.
    Hope to see you there.

4. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't blame you for that...many streets are flooding and even some of the sanitary sewers are backing up in areas of town. My sump pump at home has been running almost non-stop since this morning. It hasn't run that hard since the floods last year. I'm just glad it's keeping up.

--AJ

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I may not be able to make it tonight. I got a call from my wife that my basement is taking on water and so I have a mess to clean up. If I get it cleaned up quickly, I'll still be there, but no way to tell at this point. Sorry guys . /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

--AJ

6. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just woundering if anyone is still planning on going tonight?

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh no AJ, missing the meeting aside, I hope everything is easily brought undercontrol and remidied.

I don't think I will be making the trip considering how it is over there in CR.

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What are you afraid you're going to melt Troy?

I'll be there!

9. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nick and I will be there. I will bring the business cards for this weekend. See you in a little while!

10. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Me & the wife will be there, (Maybe our daughter too)!

11. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to come. There's not a whole lot more that I can do aside from let the humidifier run...I might be a little late.

--AJ

12. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    That was a good time. Not a huge turnout tonight (weather?) but still fun...

And as always EXCELLENT food.

-JB

13. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it was a good time. Thanks to those of you that took the time to come out and join us. For the rest of you, we hope to see you next time!

Remember the Iowa Aquaria swap this weekend and keep an eye on the schedule for upcoming events.

--AJ

14. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    BTW- I did finish my Nacho's, they didn't go to waist. I will make sure I come hungrey next time.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AJ hows your basement?

16. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Josh...it's good. I had to replace my backup sump battery (stopped taking a charge about a week before and I had not had a chance to replace it), primary sump pump (after the float switch failed and the pump would not turn off), and the sewage pump. My sump situation has been screwed up for a long time and I need to remedy some drainage issues in the backyard before anything that I do in the basement is even going to make a difference. As a result of the water, I fried my tank lights when the water caused some of the connectors on my JBJ hood lights to arc, melting the connector. I would bet that the ballast is probably fried, but I'm holding out hope that it's not and I'm going to attempt to re-wire it when it get back. Anyway, it's all good for now, but I got work ahead of me when I get back home.

--AJ

17. ckoeppel

ckoeppel Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Was planning on coming but woke up to 4 inches of water in my finished basement. Still trying to recover. You wouldn't believe how much stuff I had to toss. Sorry I missed it guys. I hope it was fun.

18. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear about that Chris...yeah, we figured that the weather kept a few people home. Sorry to hear that you got hit so hard.

Hopefully we'll see you once your basement is recovered.

--AJ

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dumped a bucket of water on my power strips and timers late last night, just so I could be like you guys /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif It isnt that cool...

20. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AJ
    I have a old light fixture that has some PC ballast in it. If yours is shot then maybe we can try one of them. It won't look the greatest, but might get you by intil the big tank is up and running.