1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Mofib drama

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xroads, Apr 3, 2009.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0

Wow,

If anyone thought we had drama here you should check out MOFIB (marine ornamental Fish & Invertabrate breeders).  Basically Matt Pederesen started this website a couple years to bring information together to help people breed fish.  Now it seems a couple of greedy ones has siezed control of the site from him & basically forced him out.  I guess now that it  has 1500 members someone must of thought it has value.  I feel for the guy, it would be a kick in the gut.

2. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't understand how that can happen. Is he in business with these people? Is there a thread linking to the story? I coded my network from the ground up and find it hard to believe that this couldn't be resolved by IP banning and account deletion /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I am not sure, most of the details are being kept quiet. I would assume he let these 2 other guys in as some tyoe of partner & then then turned on him. That is what I see by reading between the lines but I could be wrong. He is a good guy that has done alot to help breeders.

4. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If he didn't sign a no compete contract I think it'd be pretty easy to leave these guys and start up a new one. Haha, just download the user database and e-mail all of the current members about the "move."

5. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible that one of the guys "taking over" was actually in charge of the site while Matt just paid the fees? I could see it happening then, but otherwise it is pretty hard to just jack somebody's site completely, just like h2so4 said

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I didn't try to read any of the drama, but if he lost control of the domain it could happen. To lordofthereefs point, you'd need the forum database to make it seamless.

7. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It'd be really easy if he knew what he was doing. It'd also be really easy to get sued depending on what kind of partnership he had going.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When did all this go down? I had been surfing the site, on your recommendation, for a while. But over the last few weeks, the site became impossible to figure out and it had been voted off my list of regulars.

9. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Just in the last week.

The website is much nicer now, not sure if that was Matt's doing before he was ousted or not.