1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Micro Bubbles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigBlue, Feb 3, 2009.

1. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm having problems with micro bubbles in my nano. Anyone have a idea on how I can get rid of these?

2. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where are they coming from? Skimmer? Powerhead sucking in air? Bubbles from the sump?

3. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't have a sump or skimmer. I took out my power head and return pump and cleaned them both. I don't think those are sucking air.
    That is why I don't get where they are coming from.

4. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's really odd. I know my maxi-modded MJ1200's suck in air sometimes if I don't set the shield right. How deep is your sand bed? Could you be getting bubbles from decaying material in the bed getting sucked into your powerhead? Are you sure they're bubbles and not a bacteria bloom or undissolved calcium or some supplement you put in the water?

5. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Put some filter floss near your return pump and those will usually eat up most of the micro bubbles. Atleast that has always worked for me. What type of nano are you running again?

6. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    if your not getting bubbles through the filter replace your hose it pry has a hole or use a plastic clip hose clamp. you have a small gap somewhere in the return line sucking in air,some customers have had it happen on their bio cubes

7. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a 14g Bio Cube with a bare bottom. I might try and replace my hose I didn't think of that.

8. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'll bet ya a dollar your problem lies in the hose, or a loose connection.

9. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It was the hose. I changed it and all my troubles went away./DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif Thanks for the replies guys.