1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

mh question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cowdust9, Jun 11, 2009.

1. cowdust9

cowdust9 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if i had 3 mh over my tank and the two outer ones were 20k and the middle was 10k would it look really bad?

2. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    depends on the brand of bulbs some 10ks are really white and some are yellow, some 20ks are pretty white. i had 2 hamilton 20ks and 1 coralife14k on my setup and couldn't tell a difference. i had 2 ushio 10ks and the coralife 14k and you could tell a difference, my ushios seemed to be kinda yellowish but i've seen some that are really really white

3. cowdust9

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i would get xm's or coralife bulbs

4. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the xm 20k are really blue from what i have heard, and the 10ks are pretty white, the only coralife bulb i've seen or heard of is my 14k so can't comment on those

5. cowdust9

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok so if i did do xm's i would just get some vho's or something

6. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah i plan to run 2 ushio 10ks with vho actinics on my 120 when i set up it, got everything to run it on my 125 just now that im goin to move to a 120 dont want to take the time to build the reflector and stuff just for a couple months of actinics :)