1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Notice Membership "Extend Upgrade" link not working

Discussion in 'Website Items, Issues & Feedback' started by Bud, May 4, 2017.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Just FYI for everyone, if your membership is about to expire, you will get a few automatic notices about it.

The default function of the forum software doesn't allow you to extend an upgrade (membership), you have to wait until it expires and then purchase the upgrade again.

We've got an addon running that allows you to extend your membership anytime, but at some point recently, this function "broke" - probably when we installed an upgrade to the core forum software (it's not uncommon). Clicking the "Extend Upgrade" button takes you to a blank PayPal page (or an error page).

So as of right now, you can't extend your membership while it is still active. I've notified the developer of this bug and he's working on fixing it (he's rather busy at the moment)

The "fix" right now is to just allow your membership to expire, then purchase the upgrade.

Sorry for the hassle, I'll upload the fix as soon as it comes out!

Bud

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I have identified the issue, it's actually an issue with the Style (or "skin"), I'm not sure when this started happening, but it's likely that it happened back in February when I did the last batch of upgrades (which included the style)

This has been fixed! I'll leave the rest of this post as a quote for anyone who cares to monkey around with selecting a style (switching to the default style can sometimes be good for troubleshooting, good for me, not quite so useful for you unless you want to help ID a site issue for me ;))

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Fixed it!