1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Meetings and Asst. Trustee??

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by LiLNicky, Apr 16, 2017.

1. LiLNicky Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +197 / 4 / -0
    Hello everybody, I have been busy with my business, my free time is limited with other things going on and haven't had much time to jump on here very much lately. I feel I am not doing this position justice and it would lift some weight off my shoulders if we had a asst. trustee to help plan, coordinate, and motivate. I'm not very good at this position but felt the need to jump in and help how I could. What would everyone like for some events this spring into summer? Also who would like to jump in and help with the asst. trustee spot? @Region: Cedar Rapids & Iowa City

2. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I have been pretty busy myself and have not been on line much and the tank is also showing signs of my neglect. If i think of gathering suggestions Nick I will let you know.

3. LiLNicky Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +197 / 4 / -0
    Sounds good borky. Anyone else????

4. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Wish I could make a commitment, but with work I really can't. I'll help out when and where I can as always.

5. LiLNicky Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +197 / 4 / -0
  6. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    I think I’d be willing to do this. I’m not sure if I’ll make a great candidate, but I can try.

I’ve been laying low since early spring. I had a salinity incident that almost wiped out my tank. I was pretty bummed and was about done with this hobby. I guess I just can’t imagine not having a tank though, so I’m getting things turned around.

In any case, it doesn’t look like there’s much happening in our region “officially” but I know people are still around. I’d like to take a crack at getting some events going.

7. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Yes, we are looking for people who are interested in helping out with a few events in the area. @xroads@xroads is in touch with a couple of people regarding the Trustee & assistant, but there is always room for more people to help plan, arrange, and promote things! We typically have a Trustee and one Assistant Trustee but there's no rule saying you can't have more than on assistant

8. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good. I'd be willing to help.