1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Meeting place ideas????

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by xroads, Jan 19, 2016.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey all

I though we could get together sometime, see what is going on in our area, and see who is who.

Any idea of where we could get together? I dont mind my house, but I live about 18 miles south of Waterloo on gravel.

It would be more convenient for most people if we can find somewhere in Wloo or CF to actually meet.

2. Kendall Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Dike, IA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    I'd love to check out your new setup! If not at your house I'm game for anywhere! The tapper wall at Beck's may be fun sometime too. Maybe both!

3. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Let's plan a February meeting. How does the 20th work?

4. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
  5. Kendall Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Dike, IA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    I'm good for the 20th! What time and where?

Sometime down the road I could host at my house... if we're really desperate for a location. I'd love to get some feedback from all of you on my setup...

6. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    We had an nice meeting at the Waterloo library, other than attendance. We could go to Ferraris and see Josh W's cool tank. We could do pizza and bowling. We could organize a road trip to the QC LFS. That one should coincide with a QC event. Anyone else feel free to chime in.
    --- Auto-Merged, Feb 1, 2016 ---
    Thanks Armydog

7. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    How about a tank tour, check out some of the setups in the area. Put some names with faces.

8. Kendall Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Dike, IA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    You guys are all welcomed to come to my house for one of the stops if we are short on tanks to look at. It is still very new... it's still cycling. I took Craig's advice and redid the rockwork so feedback on that would be nice. I would also love to show you some of the simple tank automation I've incorporated into the rebuild.

9. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Not getting a lot of stops on our tank tour, not sure who to even call. I think we need a back up plan incase we don't get any stops.

10. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Have we asked? Have we sent out a mass PM? You cant expect everyone to sign up for something when the title says meeting place ideas.

11. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    I tagged everyone in the region.

I personally would say even if its only a couple stops I would have it and eventually it will grow. If Bud doesn't mind we have some stuff from new sponsors maybe we could supply a gift to giveaway for the meeting.

@Region: Waterloo & Cedar Falls

12. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    I included everyone I know of in the pm message also

13. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    That's a good personal touch

14. JDCpuWiz

Jesup, Ia
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I could be one of the stops It would be great to get some feedback on my setup. I am over in Jesup though.

15. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Its only been 3 days. My guess is not everyone has seen that you are trying to arrange a tank tour. I would keep bumping the thread and tagging the region every few days. You'll get more people to sign up i'm sure.