1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

May Tank Tour

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Zoobie, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    would LOVE to have pictures taken!

2. Zoobie Well-Known ReefKeeper

Bondurant
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    We are 2 weeks out on our may tank tour. Hope to see you there for all the conversations and to see all the beautiful tanks that we are going to see.

3. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0

4. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    We have a hitch hiker coral in our tank that we can't figure out what it is and are offering a free frag (of another coral) to whomever on the tour can positively identify it!

5. Zoobie Well-Known ReefKeeper

Bondurant
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    That sounds like a great challenge. Dont forget we are only a week out.

6. Eric & Amber

Eric & Amber Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will be moving all my tanks that weekend or I would be game for it . Hope everyone has a good time .

7. mikesams05p71

mikesams05p71 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'll most likely be able to tag along.

8. Zoobie Well-Known ReefKeeper

Bondurant
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Alright going to list the addresses to the places we are going. This is for Sat May 10th at 10 am start time. These are in order:

Armydog- 900 SE 3rd street Ankeny, 50021
    Ninjazx777- 1919 East 21st street desmoines
    Chris C- 2430 E Porter ave Desmoines, 50320- side not you will have to go down east 14th to army post then head east on armypost to indianola rd then head north .
    Nik - 665 34th street desmoines, 50312
    Dave- 36594 River Oaks Circle Cummings, 50061.

Armydog has 2 places so we will follow him to the other one after we get done at the address above. They are both in ankeny. Should be a great time with some really cool tanks. Let me know if you have any questions.

9. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Hope this one goes well, sounds like a nice batch of tanks! I can't make it, I've got Dad duty as the wife is in Vegas with the girlfriends all weekend

10. Zoobie Well-Known ReefKeeper

Bondurant
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Dont forget to come out on the tank tour tommorow morning starting at 10 am. Should be a great time and Dave has a challenge for you to name a coral in his tank.

11. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    No turkey yet so I won't make this one :9( Have an awesome time touring everyones' tanks!! Next tour I hope to make:0)

12. Zoobie Well-Known ReefKeeper

Bondurant
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    If you are looking for something to do today we are having a tank tour starting at 10 am. We have a great lineup of tanks today. Come join us and have some fun

13. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Well I really wanted to go see nik and Daves tank but had to go home to get ready for our bbq tonight

14. Zoobie Well-Known ReefKeeper

Bondurant
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to everyone who came on the tour. A special thanks to everyone who opened up your home and tanks for us to look at. It was great seeing all the wonderful tanks.

15. wouldtick Well-Known ReefKeeper

waukee
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0

For those of you showing your tanks, a big thank you for letting us into your homes. It really was an amazing experience for someone who is starting out in the hobby. I have to admit by the end of the tour my brain was in sensory overload....actually after Ninja's house i couldn't think staight. Armydog saw my questionable driving manuever which i am blaming on coral overload.

I am not sure who organized it (Zoobie??) But I also want to thank them as well.

16. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

Good job on putting the tank tour together Zach. It was good to seem some tanks that I hadn't seen before - and then to also seem some favorite tanks that I've been at a few times!!!! Nice turnout on a nice spring day.

17. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    Okay sorry all for the delay. The photos are are all done and uploaded. The links below will take you to my flickr page to the right album. Sorry we weren't able to hit your house Nik. We can always make arrangements to get you at a later time!

Armydog
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYepWzS

Matt(Ninja)
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYib93V

Chris (taken at a previous date)
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsjP6ZJ5p

Dave
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYib93K

18. wouldtick Well-Known ReefKeeper

waukee
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    the photo's look amazing. Wish i could take them like that. I still haven't figured out how to configure my canon DSLR EOS rebel xsi to take good coral photos.

19. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Photos look great thankyou for taking them!

Dave you weren't kidding that rbta you got from me has gotten big!

20. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Great pics!

Donnie - yes, he has gotten huge!