1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

May Movies

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JB, May 4, 2009.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    There's a ton of what look to be great movies coming out this month.
    Saw Wolverine last night...  Not bad.
    Anyone planning on seeing Trek this week?

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I know, there are a ton of good ones coming out this summer.

I usually wait a few weeks as I hate sitting elbow to elbow in a full crowd. Usually there is more loud obnoxious people in the first week or two.

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This summer looks like it's going to have at least a few good movies. Star Trek looks really good. Christina is looking forward to it too so we'll probably go see it this week We're also looking forward to Terminator: Salvation, and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. We'll probably take the kids to Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian and Harry Potterand the Half Blood Prince. There are some other movies coming out that look good, but I think I'll wait for them to come out on DVD

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The new Pixar movie "UP" looks pretty good too. I've never seen a bad Pixar movie.

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah.. I remember seeing a preview for that now.  It did look like a good movie.  I agree, Pixar seems to be the gold standard when it comes to kids movies.
    --AJ

6. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, and please don't take this as I am asking any of you on a date (Ok, there may be an exception or two in there).
    The wife and kid are not really Sci-Fi fans, would any of you like to get together one night and go to the new Trek movie.
    Kinda of weird but I don't like going to movies alone, I know strange that I won't go sit in the dark by myself and watch a movie, just always been that way.
    So, any takers?

7. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Definitely yes to the group Trek outing idea... :)

8. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Posted By CyberJester on 05/04/2009 01:24 PM
    Hey, and please don't take this as I am asking any of you on a date (Ok, there may be an exception or two in there).
    The wife and kid are not really Sci-Fi fans, would any of you like to get together one night and go to the new Trek movie.
    Kinda of weird but I don't like going to movies alone, I know strange that I won't go sit in the dark by myself and watch a movie, just always been that way.
    So, any takers?
    Man that is so funny, yet I know exactly how you feel!  You always wonder if the people sitting there by themselves are weirdos or something.  Especially when they start talking to themselves!

9. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do we want to do it one night this weekend or wait until mid-week next week when it won't be so busy?

10. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I thought the Angels and Demons one with Tom Hanks looks good. I'm a big fan of his movies.

11. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    With movies like this, I sometimes thing the crowd makes it more fun.
    So, I don't mind fighting the crowd, but I also wouldn't mind waiting as long as we don't wait TOO long.
    -JB

12. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am good for pretty much any time.

13. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, we saw Star Trek last night...

AWESOME AWESOME movie.