1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

May Meeting topic/workshop.

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by mthomp, Apr 13, 2013.

1. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Lets discuss what we would like to do for the may meeting.

I see Geoff mentioned a fragging demo, is there something else someone would like to throw into the pot for this?

In the future I will try to keep this 1 month in advance so we can stay ahead of things.

2. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok I will start.

Before jumping into a fragging demo, I was thinking of doing a rock scaping workshop.

While there is no right or wrong way to scape your tank, there are a few tips and tricks that may help you find that perfect look.

3. Killernights

Killernights Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think thats a grear idea mike, we can go over how much rock is needed and show tricks for cutting and fastening rock.

4. ScubaMan

ScubaMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is a good idea as well. We know that we have too much rock in both our tanks. We are going to reduce some of the rock we have. So good timing for this discussion.

5. Merle

Merle

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a good plan to me, once we learn a bit better how to set the rock, then we can learn to frag whats on it... :)

6. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok so its settled. We will do a rock scaping workshop in may. Give me a week to check my schedule, I know I have a couple things liek soccer and such going on in may and want to be sure I schedule this so it doesnt conflict.

7. Southpaw

Southpaw Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This would be a great topic, I have been struggling for weeks to get the correct hardscape and still do not feel I have accomplished it. On a side note I checked out Coral Haven this last weekend.. rocking setup! Really excited to watch this store grow.

8. softieatheart

softieatheart Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Aquascaping would be awesome!

9. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I need to talk with Alex and have him set this up for may. Unfortunately I have my sons graduation, graduation party, and out of town soccer tournament all may. Stay tuned.