1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

May aquascaping meeting

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by Killernights, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Killernights

Killernights Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Our next meeting will be on Sunday May 26th at 4:30pm. It will be held at Coral Haven, I want to thank Joe for letting us have our meetings at his new store. The meeting will be on aquascaping, how much rock you want/need and the different ways to set it up. I hope to see everybody there. I will also inform everyone about our June meeting at the May meeting. Oh and if you all would like to take a picture of your tanks current rock setup and share your pictures at the meeting with everyone else that would be wonderfull.

2. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, thanks Alex.

3. Killernights

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So it took me until yesterday to realize this is memorial day weekend, I need to know if this is going to be a problem for anyone who is wanting or planning on going to the meeting this sunday.

4. roswaldreef

roswaldreef Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Perfect timing for me /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

Just joined the forums and this is my first post, but I'm in the process of setting up my tank right now and could use some help aquascaping before the water goes in. I'm working on my 75g that has been in storage for a few years, along with about 100 lbs of dead (live) rock.

I just went through the process of giving my rock a nice muriatic acid bath with an RO rinse. I put some eggcrate on the bottom of the tank, and I'm thinking I'm going to use some acrylic rods to build a new structure but I could use some help on building it!

Looking forward to meeting some new people and talking about building a reef tank!!!

5. Killernights

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Due to the lack of responses and Memorial Day weekend. I am going to postpone this meeting