1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

May 19th Fragging Demonstration

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Chris C., Apr 29, 2013.

1. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    I wouldn't no why not /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif Some time is better than none! It's not unusual for people to arrive late or leave early as we all have time restrictions so it seems.

2. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    I might be able to show up for a little bit but I might have my kids if thats ok

3. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    jazzybio13: You are welcome to come as long or as little as you want. IF FRAGS ARE READY for members, you can take one with, if not I am sorry. Also we probably won't do the drawing for members only till the end.

Armydog: Bring your kids with! All are welcome to come :)

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Have you checked with Matt? He has said no kids on the past

5. darkiss

darkiss Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    anyway, not sure if I need to RSVP. But I am planning on coming over to that side of town for the event.

Cya everyone there.

6. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    yeah not sure on the kids cause my basement isnt very kid friendly so you would have to keep a close eye on them. if my wife and daughters are home they could play upstairs or outside with them but wife isnt sure if they will be home

7. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Matt,

I had forgotten that you had asked for no kids. My apologies to all.

8. incuplayer

incuplayer

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I will be coming along with Bigkel so his group will have 3 people. Im excited to learn how to frag and meet some more people.

9. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Alright well if they do decide to stay let me know cause I think thats the only way I can come this is my weekend with my kids..... def think for next time if we are gonna have a vote it should be made that you can change your vote cause there was a couple people that said they could have changed it and done either weekend. .........

10. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Armydog: Thanks for the input! The voting is all done anonymously so we can't go back and change peoples votes and the system doesn't allow us to have members change theirs. If people would have chosen to abstain from voting, it would have let us know that both both of the weekends would have worked. Since this weekend was chosen by the majority, I won't be able to attend either.

I appreciate your input, but this weekend is the meeting. If you can attend we would love to have you there.

11. daalbers

daalbers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 3 / -0

I don't think we will all fit should be fun I love going over to his house

12. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Today is the day everybody!

To any of those who can attend, please remember Matt needs his rest this morning, so don't arrive before 10 AM.

Hope everyone has a fantastic fragging experience!

13. gearhead

gearhead Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is,there still room just found out im off let me no i may b a little late but would like to attend

14. Tholton33

Tholton33 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes

15. Deleted member 1172

Deleted member 1172 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gaahhh, I can't make it! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/sad.gif had a family function to go to! Next time guys!

16. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Great turn out Thanks everyone. And a big thanks to Matt!
    Also, Eric and Amber THANKS SOOOO MUCH!!! for letting Smouse use your led lights while thiers are being repaired!!! You saved the day!!

17. incuplayer

incuplayer

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the meeting. It was great to learn how to frag, which was easier than I thought. What an awesome tank set up too.

18. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    Thanks to Matt and the club for having this event. It was nice meeting some new faces and learning some new things.

19. LiLNicky Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +197 / 4 / -0
    I also wanted to say thanks for the meeting. I had a great time learning how to frag, met some awesome people, and got to see one amazing setup. Thanks again matt for your hospitality and look forward to seeing you all again.

20. Eric & Amber

Eric & Amber Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Matt for the hospitality! It was great to meet some new faces and our frags are starting to open. Nik- we wouldn't want to see any tank suffer so we're happy to help!