1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

May 19th Fragging Demonstration

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Chris C., Apr 29, 2013.

1. Deleted member 1172

Deleted member 1172 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll take some cheato! Thanks! And Sponge, I'm not really sure! I lost a couple nice acros, one was a beautiful green millipora I loved! The other was ORA verde. So maybe a couple acros and some softies for now will do the trick!

2. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Oh, I don't have any acro frags at the moment but I do have have some shrooms(green), blue rics and Kenya/Taro tree. I have nicely colored ORA bird of paradise, green cap and spongodes if you're interested...zoas up the gazoo, too :0) Let me know if I can help you out /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

3. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    I believe Andy the Reef Guy has the Ora Verde. He's an acro freak so you might want to check out what he has :0)

4. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Wanted to clarify the frag kit will not be a raffle, it will be a door prize. Meaning you do not have to buy a ticket to win it. As long as you are a paid member you will just put your name in and we will draw for it.

5. Deleted member 1172

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like your selection Sponge! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif I might need to snag some Kenya tree, green cap, and spongodes from ya! Thank you so much for looking out for me! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

6. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

I'll be there - and probably interested in an acro also.

7. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Ok Reef Medic, you got them /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif Got to get your tank back up to snuff!!

8. Bigkel

Bigkel Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm really interested in making the trip with a buddy of mine who also just became a member. We're here in the IC area do you guys think if we bought some frags they'd make the trip back? Do we need to bring bags or containers to hold them?

9. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    We should have plenty of bags at the meeting. If you would like though you can bring some! Frags should travel fine, but I would recommend bringing a cooler with you!

10. Bigkel

Bigkel Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Chris!

11. Deleted member 1172

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, thanks Sponge!! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

12. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    No problem as I would hope if I had a break/disaster that other members could and would help me out :=0) That's why we're here, right?! Learn, share, help out, etc....

13. Eric & Amber

Eric & Amber Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We will be there are you still looking for things to frag I could bring 3-5 things

14. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0

There will be some time restrictions, but we might be able to get to fragging corals that you would bring. It just depends on how everything goes. If you have some different corals that people could learn from, it would be awesome to have.

15. Eric & Amber

Eric & Amber Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a joker favia, Christmas tree favia, and purple haze montii and a couple of zoas including AOG

16. Troy C

Troy C

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Count me in, I'm going to be there.

17. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Seeing a favia fragged would be cool :0)

18. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Hello Everyone,

Looking into different options of colonies that we can purchase and frag for Members to buy first and then Non-Members as well. At this point Up to 20 members will get a free frag of a nice Acro. Please bring all of the knowledge you have and be willing to help out others that have never been involved in anything like this before!

Thanks to everyone for their hard work! Especially Matt for the space he is providing for us to do this!

19. Bigkel

Bigkel Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Really looking forward to meeting you guys and learning how to frag properly.

20. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can we still jump down for a bit if we can't stay the whole time?