1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Maxi mod - Source? Group buy?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by iowareef, Apr 16, 2008.

1. iowareef

iowareef Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to do some maxi mods.  Is there a local source for parts?   Would anyone like to do a group buy if we need to order online?  Anyone want to build them together? 
    Anyone have extra Maxi's?
    IowaReef

2. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Robyn on this one. There is no better kit out there for the money. Start good and have ran flawless for me for several months with only one cleaning. The magnets are a little pricey to have that type of mounting, but I really like them overall. The 1200 with the new prop moves a lot of water.

4. iowareef

iowareef Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I saw those and considered adding that to the group order that was spoken of at the last club meeting.  I wondered if the props were available at a hobby store here in CR.  I could do three for the price of one. 

I like to tinker so DIY's are good to keep me busy.  Small ones that can be done in a few hours are my favorite.