1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Marineland aquarium seal leak

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by budsquest, May 13, 2019.

1. budsquest

budsquest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone give me advice on dealing with an 11 month old Marineland on a leaky 220RR? Tank and stand were purchased together new and have pictures showing it is level. Marineland says I have to deal with the insurance company and the insurance company says they are working with Marineland but it appears that absolutely nothing is being done. Any one been there done that? Any advice?

2 where the leak occured.JPG

6 Wet ecotech radion power supplies and Neptune Apex.JPG

5 Carpet pulled back and pad removed.JPG

2. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Ouch That sucks. Don't really have much help for you other than I hope you can get a resolution on it. R

3. thallone

thallone New User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

4. Derek34

Manchester, IA
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Just as an FYI, If you choose to repair the tank yourself.... It's not as easy as simply pealing the silicone out of the leaky sides and resealing. If you go this route do some research. You will find that you will need to break the entire tank down and reseal everything. You can't / shouldn't just patch over with silicone, especially on a tank that large.

5. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    I believe @Ray/Jen_Reefin@Ray/Jen_Reefin
    had a 250 DD leak a few years ago. I believe they had issues getting to a resolution but dont recall the details.

6. Ray/Jen_Reefin 2016 Vice President / 2015 Volunteer of the year.

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +459 / 5 / -0
    Correct @Dave@Dave we did. It was a very long process to get a resolution but Marineland did finally settle up after all the hoopla with their insurance company got done with their technical crap. Stay on the insurance company.

7. budsquest

budsquest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How long did it take? I can tell that they are in no hurry. It almost like they are hoping that I just go away if they drag their feet long enough.