1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

March Event

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by xroads, Feb 1, 2008.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    We have a tank tour scheduled for the weekend of March 16th.
    Anthony Calfo is speaking at the Omaha Zoo Aquarium late Saturday afternoon & then doing a fragging demo Sunday at a LFS.  I really want to go.  I was planning on taking the wife n kids & staying at a hotel with a pool. 
    Would everyone want to change this event to a road trip?  We could head over Sat morning & come back Sunday afternoon.  Since it is an off season we may be able to get a decent group rate at a hotel.
    Let me know what you think
    Craig

2. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i cant go because i am going to be in the florida key snorkeling /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif src="/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif" align=absMiddle border=0> but I stayed at a hotel in omaho last summer it was nice, it have a bar with it callled the sharks club and 1500 gallon tank setup in it. It was a really nice hotel.
    plus only like 5 minutes from the zoo
    http://www.qualityinn.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=NE067&sid=QBegM.Y6eP0ghm1.8
    I would still like to do a tank tour sometime that month if everyone else is still up for it.

3. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Not sure how much fun it would be walking around the zoo in the middle of march. Hopefully it's nice weather.

Not sure If I could make it to that one or not. I'll have to wait and see what happens with everything. I would really love to go though. Sarah's due with the kid right before that and I'll probably be on strike that week unless the company and union can get things squared away before then.

4. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My wife will be about ready to pop around that time as well, sounds like fun but not sure if i can swing that one.

5. Wenszoo

Wenszoo Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we are up for it. if my mother inlaw comes it would be saturday only. if it is just Melissa and I we will probably make a weekend of it.

6. wesly2007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    that sounds like fun but me and the girlfriend are going to be in chicago.  going to the shed aquarium and a bunch of other stuff.

7. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I might be interested in going. Since I'm 2 hours from Omaha, I'd only make it a day trip though.

8. Wenszoo

Wenszoo Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    who all is still thinking about going to this? Melissa and I are planning on making a weekend out of it

9. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    We are seeing about someone watching our kids. If not it will be just me for a day trip, if so the wife n I will be all weekend