1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

March 21 Cedar Rapids Tank Volunteers?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by CyberJester, Mar 2, 2009.

1. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Alright everyone,
    The masses have spoken.  The Cedar Rapids Tank tour will be on March 21st from 12:30 till 5:00PM.
    Now I am looking for volunteer's to be stops on the tour.
    Again, please remember, your tank does not have to be mature to be on the tour.
    I have been a stop several times, even when I had crano and hair algae covering the tank.
    In fact as I stated before I got some really good advice from other members as to new directions to take things to clear everything up.
    I would really like to see some new faces on the tour this time.
    So please use this thread to volunteer to be on the tour.
    I will take tank volunteers on order of sign-ups in this thread.
    However, new stops to the tour will take precedence over some of our more regular stops.
    Please feel free to contact me, if you have any questions.

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Jeremy,

You can put my tank on the list as filler if needed. I don't mind showing it, but it's been on 2 out of the last 3 tours. I'd rather give someone else a chance. Besides, I'm pretty sure that most people in the area have already seen it.

-JB

3. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can be on the tour

4. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ill be a stop

5. saltwaternewbee

saltwaternewbee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    me too.

6. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's three, a couple more JB and me and you will be off the map.
    Dang, and my tank is actually looking good for once! [​IMG]
    Keep'em coming guys.

7. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey all, Just a reminder that the tank tour is coming up on 21st of March.
    Currently those showing their tanks will be:
    jbrunken (JB)
    calebjk (Caleb)
    fnvarner (Nick)
    saltwaternewbee (Rick)
    CyberJester (Jeremy)
    5 is about all we really need to have  a great tank tour.
    I will have to stop taking volunteer's for the Tank tour by this coming Friday (March 16), so I can get the route figured out and posted.
    I am sure I speak for JB as well as myself when I say if you still want to show your tank either of us are willing to give up our spots on the tour.
    So, if your are undecided about signing up, go ahead and throw your name out.
    Also, another thing I was thinking about is a LFS start point for the tour.
    We went to BO-Bo's last time, maybe would could start of at Pet's Playhouse.
    What do you all think about starting the tour at PP's?
    Jeremy
    GIRS CR/IC Trustee

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Jeremy,

I'm gonna have to pull my tank from the tour. My kids are on spring break that week and I have to drive them over to their grandparents house on Sunday so I'm not even going to be able to go on the tour myself.

Sorry about that... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

-JB

9. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jbrunken on 03/10/2009 01:59 PM
    Jeremy,
    I'm gonna have to pull my tank from the tour. My kids are on spring break that week and I have to drive them over to their grandparents house on Sunday so I'm not even going to be able to go on the tour myself.
    Sorry about that... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif
    -JB
    JB, you do know that the tour is on Sat. right?
    If your busy, that's cool, just didn't want you to think it was on Sunday and miss it when you were actually able to go.

10. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Oh well never mind then... :)

11. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    OH ! I hope I don't have to work..... I started ours in OCT and just last week added some soft corals and will bring pics and lots of questions!!!! Ohh and join GIRS too.......

12. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jbrunken on 03/10/2009 03:56 PM
    Oh well never mind then... :)
    So, I take it that means you back in and I should keep you on the list?

13. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It would be great to have you join us for the tour. JB and I usually have some free corals for people who become paying members of the club,  so if you have your dues paid before the tour you can pick up some xenia or green frilly mushrooms while you're at my house.
    ~caleb

14. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    SWEET!!!!!!!![​IMG]

15. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I'm going to have to bow out again. I was supposed to have family coming into town this weekend but, due to the flu, they are coming next weekend instead...

/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

-JB

16. So, how does this work (I'd like to see some tanks to know what I'm getting into /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif ) Any info would be great.

17. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Could the following people please PM me with your address and a contact phone number.
    So that I can start planning out the route for the tour.
    calebjk (Caleb)
    fnvarner (Nick)
    saltwaternewbee (Rick)
    Since there will only be 4 of us on the tour currently.
    We are going to start the event at Pet's Playhouse (I have to make up with Nick for calling him ugly!).
    Note: Nick please tell the old man that we will be coming in on Saturday and to get his best special on the tanks for us.
    As soon as I get the route planned I will post information in the members only forum and provide a link for this thread as well as the calendar.
    PS: for those of you whose wifes won't let us in the house until it has been cleaned please clean up the premises (ummm, Caleb). [​IMG]