1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Man physics are weird......

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Waverz, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
  2. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is another one. I finally figured out how they are doing it after looking at your post.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2021
  3. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah thats pretty cool, ive seen one of those before.
    kinda works like if you submerged a glass under water and then lifted the closed end out to just below the water surface, the water stays put and wont run out.

one little bubble, well in a system that size would need a bigger bubble, but it could be all she wrote.

4. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't figure this one out... I can do the suction style, but how would you do it with airbubbles flowing in it?

5. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Travis on 01/12/2008 4:18 PM
    I can't figure this one out... I can do the suction style, but how would you do it with airbubbles flowing in it?
    DITTO!  That's what I was thinking too.  I can see if it's solid water up there but how the heck does it work with air in the tube? 
    Suppose they rely on an aqualifter to keep the air out of the other ones?  /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

6. matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    they could be pulling the air bubbles from an air pocket on the top of the tank, not introducing any new air to the system....

Also, they could have a powerful suction pump... but then if power dies, it flows out quickly....

7. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I prefer to believe it is Magic!!!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you put an extra chamber at top and left it full of air (didn't suction the air out and draw the water up) you could put an air pump in it and pump air into either end. No change in the amount of air.

If he ever has a leak, he's going to have a hell of a lot of water on the floor very, very quickly.

9. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    there is no air where the angles are at at the top, now if that air pocket at the top reached the miter it would empty out. they must be sucking air out of it just like an aqualifter pump does a cpr overflow.
    either that or the tanks on the floor are sealed, water tight.

i wonder if they have any updates on that tank. i wonder if its still going.

10. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If I were a fish, I don't think I would swim up there

11. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The guy does have a pocket of air at the top of the upside down tank. H e just has the suction side of an air pump in the air pocket in the top. If you look closely you can see the airline. I believe he also has a water pump that way too. Here is another link to the same set up with different aquascaping.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2021