1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Make it a great 2009!!

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by DavidM199, Dec 21, 2008.

1. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the board for 2009 wants your input for new year. We are going to meet next month and make the plan for next years, So if you want anything changed, improved, or add from this year or the past please give us some feedback.
    thanks
    david
    Go to this fourm

2. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see the spring in club auction swap thing continue. We all pay much more attention to our tanks in the winter and have a lot more fragging time. It is also fun to see everyone and trade within the club, once we all dig out of the snow. Just a thought.

3. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think there is a good chance for that Travis. [​IMG]

4. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm still trying to figure out what David was trying to say in the last part of his post....
    /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/hehe.gif

5. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Waverz on 12/22/2008 04:18 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out what David was trying to say in the last part of his post....
    /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/hehe.gif
    Yeah, I click the link and it takes me to the forum list.  I didn't know if it would take current members to the members forum or not.

6. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 12/22/2008 04:10 PM
    I think there is a good chance for that Travis. [​IMG]
    I also wouldn't mind seeing it happen in Des Moines... Hint Hint... [​IMG]
    Is Frag Fest going to be an annual Davenport thing?  I believe consistency is key to large events and if so I would like to see a Spring Fest in Des Moines every year...  [​IMG] 
    Maybe that is an idea to bring before the board...  Pick 4 events, one for each area (sorry Cedar Rapids you are in the middle /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif ) hold them at the same time same place each year. 
    Speaker or DIY...   Iowa City  March
    Spring Fest...  Des Moines  May
    Summer Break and Tank tours/Area meetings
    Speaker or DIY...  Waterloo/Cedar Falls
    Fall Fest...   Quad Cities
    Winter Break and Area Meetings/Tank tours
    That way everyone could kind of know what to expect each year and every area gets something big to plan, but they only have to plan one thing.  It takes a lot of the pressure off the board and should be a much more exciting/easy to run schedule.  Pizza parties could become planning parties for the large area events.