1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

mail order fish

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by ruggerkc, Oct 3, 2009.

1. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Is everyone ok with Blue Zoo?
    Craig can we ship to your shop? If so when do you want to have them delivered?
    Lets set a deadline of tomorrow by 9pm
    So far its me, Adam, Jwess and craig,

2. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hey Casey, I think I'm going to actually wait a little on ordering. I talked to the people at Blue Zoo and they said it would be best if I ordered on my own if I'm going to want to pick out my own seahorses, because it might take a little while longer. I'm planning on ordering over the free shipping amount, so it won't make a difference if I order with you guys or order it on my own, plus I can have it shipped to my door. I'll have some more money next week too so I think I'll order quite a bit too. Thanks though...

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm probably going to need something to replace my jawfish, he's still not doing well.

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Sure you can deliver them here, I will get my order together soon.

5. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Adam
    If you want we could just give you our orders and you can deal with blue zoo. And we can have them delivered to your place instead of craigs.

6. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    In fact that sounds better to me on both issues.

7. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to wait until next Thursday to do my order so I'll have more money. If everyone is willing to wait that long then it's fine with me. I just thought it would be easier to just do two seperate orders, but I can understand for you if you'd want it at my place to save you some time. I just don't want someone to be upset if something isn't in stock by then. The problem Mark at Blue Zoo said with requesting two large females for a group order is they might not have them at the time and didn't want to make everyone wait a week or so, plus I would feel really bad about that too.

8. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Looks like my Jawfish from Blue Zoo is gonna be ok. He's a weirdo fish though, for some reason he likes to hang out up in the top corner of the tank by the overflow. He seems to eat ok, so I think he'll be alright.

9. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'm sure you do,but do you have a deep sandbed for him

10. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    He needs sand? Aww man, no wonder!

11. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    is that a bit of sarcasm i'm sensing

12. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    a tad

On another note I now have 2 firefish, I was doing a water change today and found my old firefish in the back chamber. Hopefully the two different colored firefish can co exist, i fnot, well i guess it will be fin to see who wins.
    I ended up buying one of these: http://shop.mediabaskets.com/produc...egoryId=16 so no more fish should be able to get in the back.

13. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Change of plans.
    Deadline Sunday at 7pm
    Craig will take care of ordering and have shipment delivered to xroads auto center on Tuesday.

14. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    So does this coupon still work for 10% off? We're doing a group order soon and would like some more discounts besides free shipping. Is there any other discounts I'm forgetting?
    -Adam