1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking @ T5 lighting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rverbeck, Mar 1, 2008.

1. rverbeck

rverbeck Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The one in particular that I am looking at has 8 54 watt lights in it. 4 460 nm atinic and 4 10000 k daylight. Plus 4 lunar lights. This is on a 75 gallon. Do you think this is too much light?

2. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Depends on what you're keeping and who you ask. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif I think a 6-bulb fixture would be enough for a 75-90 gallon tank. The 8-bulb fixture would be better suited for a 120 since it's wider.

3. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have TEK 6 x 54 on my 90 and it is plenty of light to keep whatever I'd like.  I believe that all fixtures are not created equal however and the indiviual reflectors intensify the light put out from each bulb.
    My TEK light has two switches, one that controls  the first and six bulb, and one that controls the four bulbs in between.  That way I can put actinic bulbs in #1 and 6 position and a combination of daylight bulbs in the middle and run the actinics for a couple of hours first each day (these are on timers) turn on the middle for the daytime and then go back to actinics for the last hour of the day.  I don't think I'd want them all on, all the time.

4. rverbeck

rverbeck Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for all the feedback, I also have a 6 bulb t5 set up that I am looking at as well. I appreciate the feedback.