1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking for JTown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nuccatree, Nov 4, 2009.

1. nuccatree

nuccatree

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do not like using this forum for knee knocking, but it seemed to work well before.  I am still trying to get a skimmer that I bought from Justin 6 weeks ago and still waiting because it was suppose to be in the mail and now he is not retruning any calls or text or emails.  If you know him, can you just have him get in touch with me.  Thanks, Heath
     563-650-9211

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just talked to Justin by text. He said he waited for the check to clear (dated 10/12) then shipped the skimmer last week. He said he will paypal you back your money if you would rather do that.  He also tried to call you this morning and left a message.
    This sounds like just a long drawn out banking and shipping deal. I know people in the club have been bitten by bad checks, so I can't blame anyone for waiting for them to clear. Hope this all comes to a quick resolution.

3. nuccatree

nuccatree

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No calls record. No messages left. The beauty of cell phones and caller stamps. I had no problem with waiting for the check to clear. I have the check back and it was written on 10/5 and cleared 10/7. By my accounts that has been more than 2 weeks. I understand that he might have been sick and I gave him time for that, but know it is getting to be just an annoyance. I enjoy this forum, but it is good to keep records on both sides. There has never been a tracking number provided but I do have his thumb print on the check, lol.

4. nuccatree

nuccatree

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also, the number I have for Justin is 515-771-2379. Can anyone confirm this?

5. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thats the number I have also. I have a feeling this was just a lot of confusion and I would not let it change yours thoughts of the club or Jtown.

6. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jtown is a good guy.... I have done business with him several times.... always fair and honest!

7. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    A couple lessons to be learned here:

1) Always get and provide a tracking number (and insurance doesn't hurt either).
    2) PayPal is good whenever possible as it gives the buyer a method to seek a resolution if they don't receive their goods.

I don't know what the story is with Jtown and it very well could be that what he's saying is true, but at this point I certainly don't blame Nuccatree for being concerned.

Just for the record (and I'm NOT saying it's happening here with Jtown) the club officers expect people using club resources for buying/selling/trading to act in an honorable way and this is ESPECIALLY true for club members. We will take whatever action we can if we find that someone causes a bad deal.

More than ever it seems like we need to sticky a "Code of Conduct" post in the B/S/T forum.

-JB

8. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well put JB.
    --AJ

9. nuccatree

nuccatree

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't get me wrong. Things happen and I do expect for Justin to to make things right. It is the whole avoidance thing from my messages and calls that is aggrating me. That is why I have ask for this forums help. Each time, someone has been able to get through to him within 10 minutes and I thank you for that.