1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

looking for help selling a 180 gallon in Ankeny

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by flying-pro, Nov 19, 2009.

1. flying-pro

flying-pro Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Folks,
    I may be moving in the next couple of months and will need to part with my 180 gallon reef tank.  I was a member years ago, but have not been active in the club for at least 3 years.  I am looking for someone to come over and help me identify corals and price what I have.  I will give the person that can come help get this stuff sold 10%.  No BS, I am serious.  I want to start looking to sell, before I have to kill livestock to do it.
    180 gallon glass RR tank.  extra-tall Oak base and cabinet, 55 gallon drilled sump, aqua-pro jr, ozone, skimmer, loads of rock, mushrooms, SPS corals, Calcium reactor ect
    Tom DeGroodt
    515-306-8463 cell
    Ankeny, Iowa

2. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Wow wish I lived closer!

3. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I can try and help you out. I am not too far from Ankeny. When is the best time for you?

4. Reef Geek

Reef Geek Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

What are you asking for your set-up?  I used to live in Ankeny two years ago.

5. Reef Geek

Reef Geek Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Let me know.  I will be in Des Moines on Monday and Tuesday.

6. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I can also offer help, I live in Boone and work in Clive. I can stop by Tuesday evening if you are still looking for help.

7. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I live right close (Ames), although I really don't know what things are generally worth, as far as livestock. That is something other can help you with. I do a lot of browsing on used equipment though so I think I could help there. Also looking to buy a few more things for my tank, assuming you end up parting out.

8. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Price I might want it all

9. flying-pro

flying-pro Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had Rustin stop by yesterday. Please look for a new thread in the next couple of days as I start parting out the critters, drygoods and tank. Thanks for all of the responses.

Tom D

10. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    interested in your ozone if ya part it out. Also willing to sell/arrange sales of all corals and equiptment! Sorry to hear you have gotta let it go! I was gonna sell my 180 but decided to keep it around because im in love w/it. Mabe a coffin some day!

Dave

515-208-2851

11. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ps Im the only FAA certified interior/ext. restoration buisness in Ia! Need any work! Ya gotta know Big John at Exec 1 service dept in Ankeny, thats a solid referal...

12. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What ever happened with this?

--AJ