1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

looking for a metal halide setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jwess, Jul 6, 2008.

1. jwess

jwess

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ive been looking to upgrade my T-5 lights over my 75.  While on vacation this summer in Waikiki we went to the aquarium and my wife asked me why my tank doesnt shimer like ther tanks did.  I told her I needed new lights.  She said "you should get some." So needless to say I gues i have permission to by some new lights.  Yeahh!!  I am happy with the T-5s but just dont seem to get the color I want out of my corals.  They grow just fine.  Seems to be lot of choices out there and was just wondering if anyone had any input as to what supplier or brand.  Oh yeah, and I dont want to be cheap but not to expensive either.  Probably looking at a dual 150W with some other florescent combo. 
    Iff anyone has a suggestion let me know.  Or maybee their's a used one for sale out there. 
    Josh

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't suppose you'd be looking for 400s, then? /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

3. nielsen2773

nielsen2773 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Holl Nielsen here do you have some 400's you are wanting to sell?Thanks Ryan

4. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    put 2 400s on your 75, and a chiller. you will thank me!!!!