1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking for a bristle worm

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by REEFer Madness, Oct 25, 2008.

1. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been thinking about this lately, but haven't found a place where I could actually get one from.  Being used as a scapegoat for other problems, I keep reading how they are some of the best scavengers a tank could have.  If no  one here has one, is there a place where I could order one?

2. wesly2007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    my guess is you already have them but dont know.  I have a couple in my 70 gallon that are 7 to 8 inches long and didnt know they were there until about a year after I started the aquarium.

3. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been keeping an eye at night a lot.  Maybe every other night or so I'll spend a few minutes with a mini mag light and do a few pass overs.  I see tons of peanut worms, pods, and other mini invertebrates.

4. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, when your tank lights are off, take a flashlight and look at some of the sandbed or the rock.........you'll probably see them then-hairy grey looking worms.

5. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    or at feeding time too, I see some then. under smaller rocks too

6. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    if you make it to cr call over to pet's playhouse and make sure i am there and i will give you a couple

Nick

7. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What time does Pets Playhouse open on Sundays?  I'm going to the tank tour tomorrow and will be passing by.  Could try to stop in before or after the tour.

8. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    12-5

9. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I noticed a few bristle worms in my tank today. They are really small..maybe 1/2" long. I've seen about 5 or so. I've been watching it pretty close since I put the live rock in about a week ago and this is the first that I've seen them.

--AJ