1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

lookimg for coral and/or Inverts

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by gb387, May 26, 2008.

1. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am looking for some Corals/Inverts locally (Des Monies)...  I am going to place an order with reeftopia but thought I would put some feelers here first. 
    Here is what I am looking for....  Snails, Emerald Crabs, in general a good clean crew and some other corals and what not (Pulsing Xenia, I know many say its a weed)...  really I am open to suggestions I have Orbit Extreme PC 2X130, 90 gallon wave front so suggestions and thoughts are welcome.  I am looking to expand my small collection.  Suggestions help!?!?? 
    I have a long tentacle anemone, pink/purple tip anemone, some mushrooms, toadstool, green button polyps, and a couple other small things.  All are doing very well again still a learning stage!

2. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I wouldn't buy xenia online, there far to over priced and they aren't very good when it comes to shipping. If you cant find them in the DM area I have tons of them you can have.

3. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah... I have heard that.
    I hope to find somethings in the DSM area, I have yet to be convinced of the pricing of items at the local LFS's and sometimes the quality isn't there even if I have to start with frags I am willing.  Just trying to get my tank a little more lively, kind of testing the waters a little. Not sure the direction I want to go with everything. I do know if things keep going the way they are I would like to step up to a 120 and build a custom stand and canopy and go for more of a reef setup better lighting and so on.

4. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ive got some SPS that was growing great under CF, although not to colorful. After a week or two on my 250s it is starting to purple up. sellin it cheap, its the ads for the montipora. Cheap...

5. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By billbigsbe1 on 05/26/2008 8:36 PM
    Ive got some SPS that was growing great under CF, although not to colorful. After a week or two on my 250s it is starting to purple up. sellin it cheap, its the ads for the montipora. Cheap...
    I did see that, do you have any photos of it?  I did a little searching on it but wasn't sure how well it would do in my tank with the lighting in all.  But I guess if its cheap and doesn't work out no big deal.

6. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    FWIW,, I have some Purple Rimmed Green Monti Cap high up in my tank and it seems to be doing very well under my lighting, nice color and growing well. I bought it at the frag swap to give it a try and in the last couple weeks its really taken off!

7. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yea if you give me your e-mail add. ill send the pics. Dont know how to post on GIRS? This grows way faster than the monti cap, I also bought one of those @ the swap. Thanks!

8. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have all the Xenia you could want. I live in Altoona. Just let me know.

9. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to bump this up... Anyone else?

10. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any other Monti Cap frags in the area? I am very happy with the Purple Rimmed Green Monti Cap I purchased at the frag swap and would like anther color.

11. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    did you get pics?

12. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did but I am not too sure how it will do in my tank

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've got some GSP for sale, and some extra xenia. I live about a mile away from Adam's Aquatics.
    fishkilla67@netscape.net if you're interested.
    Here's my tank, copy and paste the link for some pics of the xenia, GSP. Everything is for sale at the right price.
    http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=151394&st=20&start=20