1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Long time lurker finally joining!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hopper75, Jan 11, 2008.

1. hopper75

hopper75

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone! My name is Brian and I've been around RC and here for around a year absorbing everyone's advice and decided I would get in before the meeting next week.
    Currently I have a 90g RR with 30g dsb sump which is around 6 mos. old and has many additions from people here and RC. Current picture below. For fish there are a yellow tang, orange o. clown, onyx clown, blue/green Chromis, strawberry psuedochromis, lawnmower blenny and a blue spot watchman goby. I also have 4 bta's (which started as 2), longspine urchin, 2 serpent stars, kenya tree, frogspawn, zoas and mushrooms. For lighting I have dual 150w hqi with two 96w pc. I also am ready to fill a 60g hex but want to drill the back so I can get rid of the external overflow, if anyone in the CR area has experience with this I would LOVE some help!
    I am looking forward to meeting all of you face to face this weekend!
    [​IMG]

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club Hopper! Your tank looks great! I am sure you will find someone around your area to help drill your tank. If not hit up Jason Glaspie, he is in Independence and has drilled a bunch of tanks. You really need to make sure your tank is NOT tempered first though.

See ya at the meeting!

Jeremy

3. hopper75

hopper75

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Jeremy- I know the bottom of my tank IS tempered, I want to drill the back in a couple places, I assumed the sides would not be tempered- do you know if that's usually how AGA tanks are?

4. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Brian.....
    WELCOME to GIRS, its great to have you officially onboard with us.
    Thats some nice looking rock you got there.
    The meeting next week is looking like its going to be a great time. I am looking forward to meeting you.

Once again, WELCOME!

einsteins

5. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Brian, welcome to GIRS! You have a great looking tank. Now you just need some SPS for diversity. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

6. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Welcome to the club Brian. Let us know if you need anything. Looking forward to meeting you at the meeting.

Billy

7. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS!
    That is some awesome rockwork and I love that urchin!   Looking forward to meeting you.