1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Livestock order from BlueZoo

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Philby, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I moved my tailspot blenny from QT to my display tank on Saturday, and he did fine all day (eating, found a hole in the rock to hide in, clowns didn't harrass him) and we woke up Sunday morning and couldn't find him anywhere in/around the tank. Finally Heidi discovered him at the bottom landing of our stairs on her way out to the car. For any of you who have been to my house - that would have to be some lucky jump (or jump/flop combination) to get all the way down there.
    Point of the story is I now have to replace a tailspot blenny, and I want to get another skunk cleaner shrimp.
    Unfortunately I had to wait 3 weeks until they got a TSB in stock last time I was looking, so it may be a little while before I actually place the order.
    Ryan N - I got credit for the xmas wrasse that was DOA, so if you're interested in getting something let me know. *Edit - just talked to Brad and since it was DOA he never had you pay so he'll just use the credit*
    If anyone is interested in getting anything in the next couple weeks let me know! I'm gonna place the order as soon as I get the email notification, but who knows when that will be...

2. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK - change of plans - I've decided to order from BlueZoo right now since they have TSBs in stock and Brad needs some snails/crabs which are cheaper there.

So if you need anything from BlueZoo let me know ASAP cause I'd like to order tomorrow or wednesday.

3. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Myself and 3 others are in so far. I'm gonna put in the order tomorrow afternoon so if you want anything please post here or PM me by noon tomorrow.

4. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    SIgn me up for a Tiger Pistol Shrimp and a Yellow Watchman Goby. I can paypal you now if you have a paypal account.

5. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Will do Tibbs - and I would prefer if you just brought cash or wrote me a check when you came to pick the stuff up...if you'd prefer paypal just PM me and I'll let you know my account.

6. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wouldn't mind trying my hand at a couple more skunk cleaner shrimp but I am going to resist the temptation at this time...

7. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    OK, I'll bring a check. I know you live downtown somewhere but I don't know your address. Maybe you can PM it to me.

Thanks,
    Chris

8. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I talked to Phil. The goods will be arriving Thursday at 11am. I ALMOST took the afternoon off today to go get em but luckily I was smart enough to give him a ring before running downtown.

9. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The shipment will be coming tomorrow (1/31) - and should be ready for pickup at my house anytime after noon.
    I apologize for not posting this earlier (like last night after I placed the order - sorry again chris), but there were some oddities when I placed the order, so I had to call to confirm everything this morning, and obviously they're on west coast time so I had to wait awhile to get ahold of someone.
    I'm probably going to leave work around 11 and as long as the shipment is in by then (which it should be) I'll be home between 11:30 and noon.
    I'll PM directions and my phone number to those of you who don't know where I live.
    I'll have a bill ready for you when you pick up your fish, and I'll take cash or check. Shipping is only gonna be about $5 - $7 per person so you should be able to figure out about what you're total will be if you're curious.

10. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How did the order go Phil???

11. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So far so good - I haven't heard of any deaths anyway...

Although Ryan (Holl) is no longer a member of the bare bottom club! His wrasses were stressed so he went and got some sand for them to frolic in.

12. rockinsmall

rockinsmall Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just did a group buy from bluezoo in the omaha area and they were fantastic. made a couple mistakes, but fish were in amazing health