1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Livestock Fact Sheet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JB, Dec 31, 2008.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone ever seen a template for a fact sheet for reef inhabitants?   I'd like to put a little binder together that has info sheets on all of the livestock in the tank, so that when people are looking at my tank they can browse binder and identify what is in the tank.
    The main reason that I want to do this is for myself.   I'm not very good at naming the corals I have in my own tank.   I'd like to have a better way to keep track.
    Anyone ever done something like this?
    -JB

2. Monkey Man Zero

Monkey Man Zero Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have seen compatibility charts online, but will have to look them up and see if they are helpful to you.
    Check this site out coralidea.com
    I use their electronic guides on my iPod and cell phone.

3. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you looking for templates that already have the information on different species already entered, or one that you can include your own pictures, and your own information?

I think the closest thing would be to print off pages from Liveaquaria.com, they have a pretty standard page setup that includes a summary, species name, family, origin, requirements, etc.

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm just looking for a Word or PDF template that can be filled out and printed. It shouldn't be too hard to come up with one, I'm just surprised that there isn't one out there somewhere already...

-JB

5. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tried like heck to make what you are talking about. My skills however do not include computers. If someone where to make one what would you want on it. I might try again or try to get my wife to do it.I was thinking of below. Any other ideas?
    Genus species : Comon name
    Updated Picture: Picture as a frag when first in tank
    Lighting:Flow
    Location on actual reef: area of the world it came from

6. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    JB could you just use accel or word to set up a templet, add pics and all the info?

7. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I could create one in word or something, but that would require me to be creative... I was just hoping that there was already something out there that someone had created...

-JB