1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Live Rock (all sold)

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Bud, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I've got two 44g Brute cans about half full of live rock, I've been keeping it at 70F and circulating for a few months (since end of January)

Half of it comes from the Grove & Platt tank, there was just too much rock in that tank. Most pieces are pretty average density/size and a few are really solid and heavy so I will probably price these based on a combination of weight and density

The other half is from my personal tank from when I tore it down and put the fish in the G&P tank, it is all the marcorock type of shape, but it's really old, like 10 years old. It did have some GHA on it but that's long gone now after being in a dark barrel for 3 months.

I'll post some pics and come up with prices here soon but this will be first come first served, it's all at my shop in Grimes which I have to vacate ASAP.

I also have a bunch of dry rock which I will also list in this post

Outside of this I have a bunch of supplies that I will be listing separate. All have to go, I'm purging ti all out.

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Will break out & weigh & price hopefully tomorrow…too much on my plate this week!!

Dry rock (SOLD)

Live rock from my tank (7/24 UPDATE: SOLD)

Live rock from Grove & Platt (7/24 UPDATE: SOME SOLD, MOST STILL AVAILABLE)

IMG_2301.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Just over 100 lbs dry rock in this photo, plus a handful of baseball sized pieces and a bucket of large granule size sand (with shells etc mixed in)

$1.50/lb if you want to pick through it

$100 if you want it all

7/24 UPDATE: SOLD

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    The two other big rocks from previous post, on the scale

Big piece sold
    This one is a nice big piece, asking $20 SOLD

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    ALL SOLD

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    7/24 UPDATE: ALL SOLD

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
  7. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    7/24 UPDATE: ALL SOLD

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
  8. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    All Sold

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  9. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Bump

I still have most of the wet rock, still in circulating water. I've got about half of the original amount of dry rock.

I'm getting to the point where I think I'm just going to nuke all of it with muriatic acid and let it dry out - both the wet/live rock and the older dry rock.

Kinda surprised that no one wants any of this...not even getting offers.

10. Charlie B GIRS Member

Waukee
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just getting back into setting up a reef tank, you happen to have any of this rock left you are looking to get rid of?

11. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I have a ton

12. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Bump

Still have a bunch of dry rock (latest photo of that is what I still have)

Still have the majority of the Grove & Platt wet rock

At some point here soon I am just going to pull all the wet rock out of the water and let it dry out

13. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Last chance as getting some juicy wonderfully cured mature rock before I dump out the water and let it dry out next week

14. Somehow I missed this. Any still available? I need some for my sump and display.

15. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Yup! Replied to your PM

16. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Most of this is still available. I don't recall which pieces. Last chance at this in a while, my surgery is 12/12 and if these don't sell before I don't know what I'm going to do with them. Still sitting in a Brute with a few pumps staying alive

Literally someone take them and preferably pay me some cash it would really help right now seriously