1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

live rock

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fishyness, Oct 28, 2008.

1. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know if Aquatic ENV. in Davenport sells cured  or uncured rock?

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have no idea about AE, but I would assume that they do (it's a great shop).

If you're in the Cedar Rapids area, check out BoBo's. He has some of the nicest rock I've ever seen in a shop and it's relatively cheap compared to a lot of LFS's.

-JB

3. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yes closer to CR. Where is BOBO's?

4. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, they have a huge tank full of LR. Where are you located? If you're close, you should go check out AE! Great store!!

5. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Will do, also now I see the address for BOBO's. Gonna check it out tonight.  Thanks alot!!! Will be asking alot of questions.

6. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Keep in mind that you don't need all live rock. It can be really expensive to fill a tank up with all live rock. If you buy a couple of pieces or really nice live rock, you can purchase dry rock (usually much cheaper) and the live rock will quickly seed the dry rock giving it all the same benefits.

-JB

7. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can get cured live rock on ebay for the same price as the dry stuff from bulk reef supply (I'd still stick it in a tub for 2 or 3 days just in case you have a dead sponge on it)... That's where I've gotten all of my live rock. If you're paying more than $4/lb, get it off of ebay; although, the Live Rock season is kind of dying now. It's usually best to get it in the spring. I know my supplier won't be getting any more in until the spring.

8. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, but don't want to wait that long!!!!