1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Live rock etc. for sale in Altoona (Des Moines Area)

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by mnballard, Sep 4, 2010.

1. mnballard

mnballard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My big tank is getting away from me so I'm going fresh with it and downsizing my saltwater into my biocube.  I have the following for sale:
    Over 150lbs of live rock.  $3.00 per pound.  Several sizes in the mix.
    2 - 8" colonies of waving hand anthelia.  $25
    Coralife 125 super skimmer   $40
    Will post other odds and ends as I come across them.
    pm or call 515-556-1012.  Would love to find someone interested tonight in the rock at least.
    Thanks,
    Matt

2. rpl782002 New User

Clive Iowa
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Would be interested in looking at about 20 lbs worth of rock. Would you sell in small qty's? Also selling any sand? Need about 40lbs.

3. mnballard

mnballard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Over 150lbs of live rock.  $3.00 per pound.  Several sizes in the mix.
    2 - 8" colonies of waving hand anthelia.  $25
    Coralife 125 super skimmer   $40     Sold
    Will post other odds and ends as I come across them.
    pm or call 515-556-1012.  Would love to find someone interested tonight in the rock at least.
    rpl782002 pm sent, waiting for reply
    I guess demand for live rock isn't what it used to be[​IMG]

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    NO Matt! Don't do it! We will miss you, come back soon.

5. mnballard

mnballard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Definately not out! Just can't keep up with the 120 now so I moved everything to my wonderful 29 biocube that I had set up at work as a fish only and put it into the living room. It now looks like ten times the tank the 120 did in the basement so much more fun. I'll just put some freshwater angels or discus in the basement one until I have more time to go big again and then change it back....translation-when the kids move out, the reef moves back into the big tank /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/wink.gif

6. mnballard

mnballard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've had some requests for photos this morning so here are a couple.  The first is an old shot of the 120 gallon tank, sorry, not much of a photographer.  The second is from last night where I pulled the top few pieces out of the bin at random.  The piece at the upper left of the tank shot is at the left of the bottom shot if that helps for size.  I did keep a couple of pieces for my biocube.
    [​IMG][​IMG]