1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

live aquaria. fish order. des moines

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by shawn, Jan 19, 2013.

1. rbp4135

rbp4135 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be in for a small blue tang 39.99

2. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    I know there is a lot of people in DM ordering and I talked to a bubby in Cr who would be interested in doing a separate order.

3. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Check out my thread for your buddy in CR. I can add them to my order.

4. Gortons Fisherman

Gortons Fisherman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    On second though, I better wait a little longer for the tank to finish cycling completely.

5. shawn

shawn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok everyone interested in the fish order. If you could please pm what fish your wanting. And price by tomorrow night. So I can get it order. Would be great. I've only had one person send there order so far. Were still far off the amount for free shipping. Thanks

6. shawn

shawn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well we dont have enough people in for the free shipping seems there out of alot of fish i plan on trying again next thur hopefully they get some more fish in so lets plan ordering thur the 31 if you can get fish and prices to me the by wed the 30 that would be great thanks

7. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Too bad we couldn't get the Des Moines and Cedar Rapids orders together. I am placing the CR order on the 31st. We could easily get free shipping for everyone. We should find someone in the middle to do it all. LOL I would possibly make the drive from CR to a mid point for everyone over here, but it is probably too late to coordinate at this point.

8. shawn

shawn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lol that would be nice. Hopefully they get some fish in this week.

9. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    A few fish that I had been waiting for just showed up as back in stock this morning. Maybe others are in stock too.

10. shawn

shawn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sweet. Hopefully everyone wanting fish will check it out. Need to get order in today if we're doing it this week. We can get sat shipping it costs a little more. If everyone's willing to split costs we can order tomorrow and fish will be in tomorrow. Let me know. Thanks

11. shawn

shawn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Order Fri fish will be in sat. Sorry

12. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Shawn asked me to copy/paste what I put in my Cedar Rapids Live Aquaria thread so that people here could see it too... I edited it a tiny bit to remove the Cedar Rapids area specific stuff.

Here goes:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    OK fellow Live Aquaria group purchasers, some good news.

I talked to L.A. and asked a number of questions, and I know that there is always a flux in what items are in or out of stock.

I can open an order today if need be (their policy is up to 14 days prior to delivery), and start ordering items that are in stock. I DO have to pay for them, but *if* that item goes out of stock between now and the order finalization date, they put it on backorder. That may not sound good, but it means that if that item comes back into stock within another 14 days, they ship it priority overnight for free since it was part of an original free shipping order! Most places would say "tough luck, you have to create a whole new $225+ order, but not L.A. It will ship for free too!

If something is out of stock at the time that you pay and have me place the order, then it can't be added and thus you won't be able to get it as part of this group order.

NOTE: This is for regular items only. Diver's Den items are different. Since the Diver's Den is WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get), if you pick one of their specimens, and someone else buys it before we close out our order, then they get it first. L.A. will offer alternative at that point, but for Diver's Den, I would like to still know what people are interested in, but be aware that the backorder option isn't available for them.

Here is a real life example. I want a firefish (and other items). They went out of stock 2 days ago. I was thinking to myself "figures, now it won't be in stock for my order in a week and I won't be able to get one." Well, they came back into stock today. If I open an order today for my items, then they all will either ship next week or wrose case go on backorder, but I should still get them with free shipping since they are stocked somewhat regularly, but go 'out of stock' frequently too. (Items marked as backorder ship first before that item shows as in-stock again.). If I wait until the 30th or 31st to order, if they were out of stock, I would be out of luck.

Another note, if for some reason, after 2 weeks the item still is out of stock, Live Aquaria will contact me about substituion options, or even the ability to wait another 7 days. After that 3rd week, either a substitution can happen or a refund, which would be your decision to make and I will accomodate as best as possible.

------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck!

13. rbp4135

rbp4135 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im cool for a few bucks for a sat delivery. I think it's only like a 15 dollar fee?

14. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    One correction to my long statement above. Diver's Den stuff can only be put on the order 2 days before shipping. Sorry for the confusion.

15. saltclg

saltclg Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So when is this going down??

16. shawn

shawn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hopefully next thur i can start putting the order in as nick from marion mentioned if you like hopefullly they get some fish in this week we started with quite a few people wanting fish but they were out of them

17. rbp4135

rbp4135 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope the oder works out for everyone next thursday, however I leave for Florida for a week on the 3rd, so I will likely have to drop out.

hopefully this doesn't make the order fall short!

18. mcclandy

mcclandy

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i am out, since it won't happen for another week. sorry!

19. shawn

shawn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's wed. Have you all checked if your fish are in stock yet.? Should we try and order Fri and get sat delivery.

20. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I will take a small snowflake eel. 16.99