1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

light raising question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScubaTodd, Nov 8, 2009.

1. ScubaTodd

ScubaTodd Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i am just wondering if anybody has ever used 2*4s on each end of their tank to help raise their lighting setup.
    Here is my scenerio
    i have a current complete 24 light system that is on my 75 gallon. i want to raise the light with 2 by 4s on each end, so that i can get my hands in the tank. But i dont know the correct material to use. i have to secure the 2 by 4s somehow to the tank so that the light doesnt knock off.
    i need to know what would be the correct chemicals to use to cover the 2 by 4s and the correct adhesive to secure the 2 by 4s to the tank.
    i know that hung does this.
    thanks

2. xmasia

xmasia Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what about making a pvc stand for the light,im guessing buying a hanging kit is out of the question

3. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you can get the YoYo hanging light kits on ebay for like 20 bucks that suspend your lights from the ceiling

4. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I use a bike rack garage store kit. It works with a rope and pulley system. You can easily set any height you would like and raise the light up almost to the ceiling so you can get your hands in the tank. About $20. If you are interested I'll give you more details.