1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

LFS worth checking out!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Troy, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know many of us, club members, do alot of trading amongst ourselves, but I also feel that we should support our Sponsers.  
    Today, I went to Bo Bo's Fish Store in Cedar Rapids, which is a newer store in the area, and walked out a very happy customer and thought I would share with all of you. 
    I have gone to Bo Bo's before and everytime has always been a positive experience.  The owner, Gary is always willing to help, answer questions honestly, and willing to give his opinion.  If there is something you want that he doesn't have, he is willing to see what he can do to get it. 

Today wasn't much different than any other time there.  I ended up walking out with something.  That something was one of the fish I have always wanted.  I also ended up getting a few other fish that the family wanted.  I had an awesome experience again and the prices were extremely competetive. 
    I would highly recommend to stop by and check it out, Gary is always there and willing to help.  If you do stop by make sure to let him know that you are a club member so he knows that GIRS is worth the sponsership.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this and for those who are interested in checking ut the store...
    Bo Bo's Fish Store
    2801  Mt. Vernon Rd SE
    Cedar Rapids

2. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sounds like a great store and glad you are happy.  The secret to keeping stores around that you like is to give them your business!!  It's a tough world out there and the smaller guys need our support and our business.

If I ever get that way I will be sure and stop by!

3. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    where what did u get then, also what type of fish does he have where and are there any corals?

4. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    where what did u get then, also what type of fish does he have where and are there any corals?

5. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i got a blue spotted jawfish. he does have a good varity of fish between reef safe and aggressive fish. he does have corals, lps and softies, no sps.

6. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Yep Gary is a nice guy. He was going to give me a hell of a deal on some hammerhead pumps unil I decided to do something different. If you are going to special order any equipment give him a chance first. He even beat all the online stores. Not something you hear very often from a LFS.

His fish prices are pretty competitive on most things.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all for your very kind words. This weekend only the entire store is 25% off when you mention GRLS; this is not an advertised sale so come in save 25% this weekend. Saturday 10-5 and Sunday 1-5.
    Gary Matheny
    Bo Bo's Fish Store & Dog Grooming
    2801 Mt Vernon Rd SE
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    319-892-3999

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess I had better get the letters correct, mention the GIRS club to get your 25% discount.

9. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i guess everyone has already said most good things about gary. ive dealt with him before he opened his store and has always seemed pleasant and easy to work with under any circumstances we've ever had. unfortunately right after my tank was ready for corals it got flooded. but when i am up and running even i will be there buying, he has had nice corals i wanted everytime ive been there. and corals were also very well priced for what they were

10. saltwaternewbee

saltwaternewbee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We've done a lot of business with Gary in the past several months. He is always very willing to help and we've always been impressed with his corals. He came out to the house to help us set up and again to trouble shoot problems in the beginning. We have picked up some of our nicest corals from him (the pieces we got last night are awesome!). Definitely worth stopping by his place.

Wish we would have known about the 25% GIRS discount!

11. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    If anyone wants an anenome, he's got some REALLY healthy looking ones in one of his display tanks.

-JB

12. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we got an anemone there last week, wish i could have seen this earlier...could have used a bucket of seachem 25% off