1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

LFS in town?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Iamaxxer, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Iamaxxer

Iamaxxer Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Will be down in the C.R. area this weekend and looking to see what is in town for LFS that are worth stopping at? Thanks

2. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Check out Pets Play House, maybe BoBos not sure if he is moved or what is going on.  If you dont mind traveling a little bit farther south I would hop on 380 go to North Liberty and check out Sea  of Marvels also.

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So are you saying that Bobo's has closed? I have not been over there for a while, but last time I was there, there was no signs of that...however since then, there have been a few forum posts that made me wonder if the place was going under.

--AJ

4. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't pass by sea of marvels. He has an amazing store and it is all saltwater. I stop every time i go out that way for work!

5. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By apjohnson on 01/27/2009 09:03 AM
    So are you saying that Bobo's has closed? I have not been over there for a while, but last time I was there, there was no signs of that...however since then, there have been a few forum posts that made me wonder if the place was going under.
    --AJ
    No, Bobo's is not closing, in fact he is in the process of moving to a bigger place.
    Was there this past Sat and he was locked up and a row of tanks tore down for the move.
    However, unsure if he would be opened back up by this weekend. 
    You could try calling on Friday and see if you can get a hold of him for status of the move.

6. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    at the top of the page under the resoures tab there is a listed of all the local pet stores that sell saltwater fish in iowa. SOM in North Liberty is very nice and easy to get too

7. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love going to the Sea of Marvels

8. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I saw that in another message earlier today.  Thanks for clarifying.  Looking forward to checking out his new place.
    --AJ

9. Iamaxxer

Iamaxxer Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the input...Do any of these stores have Sunday hours?

10. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think all the store are open sundays, I know SOM is not open on tuesday, I would jsut give them a call and ask what time they close on sundays,
    some close earlier

11. Iamaxxer

Iamaxxer Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks....

12. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe we should put the pet store hours on the site too /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif

Sea of Marvels

12.00-7.00 mon-wed-thurs-fri-sat
    sunday 2.00 - 5.00
    CLOSED TUESDAYS

13. sang

sang Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think Sea of Marvels hours are 2:00-? on the weekdays as well.

14. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By CyberJester on 01/27/2009 09:18 AM

--AJ
    No, Bobo's is not closing, in fact he is in the process of moving to a bigger place.
    Spoke too soon.

15. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By REEFer Madness on 04/06/2009 06:39 PM

Posted By CyberJester on 01/27/2009 09:18 AM

--AJ
    Spoke too soon.
    Guess I have omnipotent power! hahahhahahahah!

16. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would double check before making the trip to sea of marvels he has been absolutley horrible at being there right at 2. 4 out of the last 5 times I went there I had to turn around and go back home because he doesnt seem to know how to be on time to work.