1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Lets Talk About Local Events for 2008.....

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by einsteins, Jan 2, 2008.

1. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone...
    I am trying to plan out some local events for the QC area members in 2008.
    I have put together some ideas (below) but would like your input/ideas also.
    These are your events so please feel free to make alternative suggestions based on your interests.
    Here is what I came up with tentively.....
    January   CR Club event
    February QC Tank Tour II or maybe Hockey Game?
    March   Day Trip to Rods in Bloomington Normal.
    April   DM Club event
    May   IMAC trip and Chicago LFS Tour or Shed Aqaurium visit also early may is Rockford fragfest...maybe a qc group trip?
    June   Taking Ideas maybe a pot luck dinner/ DIY clinic
    July   Waterloo club event.
    Like I said.....these are just some ideas.....Let me know what you think.
    Thanks
    eins

2. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The DM club event in April sounds sweet. Is this gonna be a frag swap too???

3. FishNewb1

FishNewb1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey can anyone join? how old do you have to be?
    Ive been wanting to join a club for a while but i didnt know much about it.

4. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By FishNewb1 on 01/02/2008 6:44 PM
    hey can anyone join? how old do you have to be?
    Ive been wanting to join a club for a while but i didnt know much about it.
    There is no age restrictions on membership, you just need to be a fanatic. Feel free to contact me, or any of the other board members if you have questions no joining.
    Billy

5. einsteins

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No one has any input on the event list?

eins

6. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I like the idea of a day trip to one of the stores. We might even consider a trip to chicago sometime in the future as wel, hit a few of the stores in town and then catch Rods in dekalb on the way back.

Billy

7. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    eins
    imac in may sounds really cool, ive heard about them but was never able to go.
    march trip to rods sounds good too, if everyone go lets try and time it right for when he just got some of those killer corals in.
    cedar rapids sounds fun. and waterloo would be fun too.
    i think you seen my car when i was at your house, im afraid to drive that baby to west davenport let alone chitown, so maybe we could rent a car or just throw in gas money in someones car for these trips., other than that i dont have any problems with anything.
    but like anything else, i sometimes must work. and hopefully work wouldnt screw up these events for me.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It all sounds good to me, I think the trip to Rod's would be a good time.  I also think the potluck would be a good time.  I'd like to go to the IMAC this year, I haven't made it in the past but I should be able to go this year.  Does anybody want to carpool to the Jan. meeting?  I can drive, but I have a small coupe and I could handle possibly two people.  If anyone has a large SUV or van maybe we could all chip in on gas and make the trip together.

9. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All great ideas eins!  I would love to go to Rods as well, I hear he is a wealth of information and has some fantastic clowns that he breeds.  And if you are also talking about the B/N reefing store, it is called Johnny's Reefing Experience.  I wish I was going to make it to IMAC this year but I think we are going to be in FL at that time.  I'm jealous of anyone being able to make that trip.  I DO plan however, to make it to the Rockford Midwest Frag Fest that is May 3rd and 4th (I won the entrance ticket at our very own frag swap!)  It looks like a great line up of speakers at that event (lots of the same as IMAC).  It helps that my son lives 20 mins away and I'll have a place to stay overnight.
    I also wondered about carpooling to our meeting in Iowa City this month.  I would be glad to drive or pitch in on gas, or I was wondering if Billy wanted to carpool with me from his house if he doesn't have other plans?  Should be lots of fun!!

10. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and ummm,   QC tank tour or hockey game??    lol  is that an either or kind of thing??

11. einsteins

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the input everyone...

Sounds like Rods is a must do.
    As for the Hockey or Tank Tour....my thought was that if we didnt have enough tanks to visit we could have an alternative plan to ensure that we have some type of get together that month.
    Please throw out any ideas that you would like to have considered....this is your club, I am just the organizer.

Keep the comments/ideas comming.....I do however want to wrap up the first half of 08 by next week so we can include our plans for this area in the BOD presentation at the club meeting on the 19th.

thanks
    eins

12. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was just teasin about the hockey thing.  I think it's great that we are planning for any kind of get together's for the coming year.

13. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is not really a local event but maybe someone might like to do it. http://www.madisonreef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3892

14. einsteins

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Last call for Ideas or input on the local events....

I need to wrap this up for BOD in the next couple of days.

Thanks to all who posted.

eins

15. einsteins

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Last chance for comments or Ideas...Sunday night I plan to finalize this.

Thanks to everyone who commented so far

eins