1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Let`s see your chalice!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slovan, Nov 18, 2007.

1. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've been interested in chalices for about 2 years now.  Before, I thought they were unintersting to look at because I was heavily into SPS.  Now I really dig them so please post some pictures of your chalice(s).  I'll kick it off with one of my favorites...
    Tubs Alien eye:
    [​IMG]

2. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ohhhhh.....very nice!   I will have to try and get a picture or two of mine later.  Any other pics of your LPS?   It's become my favorite too.

3. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I have more. That's why I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to them. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif I'll have to take some updated pictures and post them later.

4. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ben has some very nice chalice in his tank.  Maybe he will post some pics here too!

5. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ok looking at this one dissappoints me.  I just gave a piece to Robyn and after seeing the old pic I must say it really faded.  Maybe to much light?

[​IMG]
    I'll post some more tomorrow when my lights come on.
    [​IMG]

6. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Nice Chalice Sone! 
    Let's see some pics of all those acans you were posting in your build thread already!  Can I call dibs on frags of all them when I get my next tank setup?  /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/hehe.gif
    Oh yeah your tank is looking sweet man!  /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/cool.gif

7. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Slovan is that a watermelon? It's very nice. Here are a couple more that have been beat up in my tank.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, nice chalice and pictures everybody.  Keep them coming!

10. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By got2lb on 11/19/2007 4:56 PM
    Nice Chalice Sone! 
    Let's see some pics of all those acans you were posting in your build thread already!  Can I call dibs on frags of all them when I get my next tank setup?  /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/hehe.gif
    Oh yeah your tank is looking sweet man!  /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/cool.gif
    Thanks Matt!  I hope your next tank turns out great.  Pics of acans?  Those will have to be started in a new thread.  I think we're off to a good start on chalices here. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

[hr]

Posted By vvolfe1 on 11/19/2007 7:53 PM
    Slovan is that a watermelon? It's very nice. Here are a couple more that have been beat up in my tank. 

Hey Ben.  No, it's not a watermelon.  I wish it was though! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif  I'm not sure if I could resist the temptation to make a bunch of frags from it if I did have one that big!  Your chalices look nice.  They all show a lot of potential.  I can't wait to see them after a few more months.

11. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ok, I'm adding the rest of my chalices to the thread.  I may get more in the future but I'll have to see if space allows me to...

Here's a Tyree blue chalice I picked up a few weeks ago.  It should start looking better soon.
    /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif
    [​IMG]

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Really, really wish I had my dad's camera for a few hours. My little point and shoot just doesn't cut it.

Sone, you had a piece of this one, Glaspie did too.

13. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love that Atlantis blood red but then I know it's grown out more than some of the others.  It will be interesting to see that watermelon as it grows out.  Where have you aquired most of your frags Sone? 
    When I see these very cool corals, I wonder why more people don't grow them!

14. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's a nice piece, Ryan! I have it but it's in one of my buddy's tank. I had him hold onto some corals during my tank transition and haven't gotten it back yet. I'll see if I can get it back and grow it out like yours! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

15. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By RobynT on 11/19/2007 10:53 PM
    I love that Atlantis blood red but then I know it's grown out more than some of the others.  It will be interesting to see that watermelon as it grows out.  Where have you aquired most of your frags Sone? 
    When I see these very cool corals, I wonder why more people don't grow them!
    I don't know why more people don't grow them.  I didn't before because I was too caught up in SPS.  Now that I'm trying to diversify my tank, chalices fit in well with what I'm trying to do.
    Most of the corals either come from private collectors or places like http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/ and http://reefready.net/rr2/

16. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Here is my chalice (besides the one that I just got from Ben.)   I got this as a nickel sized frag from someone that I bought a bunch of frags from on RC.  It was very brown and ugly and I almost tossed it but now I'm glad I didn't.  It is at least four inches across and predominately pink with light blue.  

17. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Someone say chalice?  I need to split these guys up but they are both doing really well where they are.

[​IMG]

18. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, they look nice and healthy! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif It doesn't look like they're doing anything to each other but growing upwards. It would be interesting to see what happens if you left them like that.

19. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I think i might just leave them and see what happens, my green and red cap are doing the same thing.....

20. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very nice Jeremy.  What is the one on the right?