1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Let`s hear your thoughts about the show...

Discussion in '2010' started by AJ, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Andy The Reef Guy

Andy The Reef Guy Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I think Calfo, or any speaker who would like additional time to continue talking! I thought it was a great show, good sized space. However, I wish the speakers could have been in a more isolated area free of noise pollution from the sales floor I don't know if any such venue is available, but even a building with different construction (not sheet metal) would cut down on the amount of noise propagating throughout the room. That being said, I haven't been to previous swaps so I can't provide comparative input, just general feedback. Really had a great time though!

2. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    something i have been thinking about as far as the raffle goes. i noticed several people won multiples of the same item. Maybe the could have the option to exchange that item for one of the " Pick ones" giving someone else a shot at one of the select items?

3. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I thought the available space this year was great...certainly plenty of room to allow vendors to spread out. And, I agree that additional time would be good for the speakers...sometimes the Q&A time is more informative and personal than the message itself. And, I also agree that noise reduction would be good. The venue that was used in 2009 had such an arrangement, with a separate room for the speaker. It worked great. It was at Lowes Park in Marion. The only complaint about the facility is that the sales floor was too small. However, there are more rooms at that facility...so, one option is to split the sales floor into 2 rooms. That can be a consideration for next year.

4. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    FallFest was awesome!![​IMG]  Although I couldn't stay for the speakers, I thought there was plenty of room for the Vendors and those attending[​IMG]  It was VERY nice to be able to look at the tanks without everyone pushing to take a look or to buy[​IMG]  GREAT FEST!!!