1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Lemons and Lemonade or Silver Linings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cameron, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Cameron

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Wow it's hard to believe I've been at this for 5 years. I must admit the previous year and half have been tough as I've had very persistent cyno and hair algae that just wouldn't quit. The result was a loss of interest in maintaining the tank and at certain points it was hard to even see what was going on inside, but it kept chugging along. Well, last month we had a 4 year over who has little sense of consequences and even though we told her not to feed the fish she proceeded to dump an entire bottle of fish food into the tank...

Well I tried to clean most of it out, but my clowns died and I thought, well at least I can get rid of the tank. Then the silver lining occurred as the nitrate/nitrite spike, no long putting in food, three new turbos and moving my desk next to the tank equaled a cleaned up tank and corals that look healthy and hardy. So I'm back in the game and looking forward to Springfest.

PXL_20240111_020145962.jpeg