1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Advice? leds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryan H, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Ryan H

Luzerne
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Whats a good brand to start out with for LEDs?

2. Deleted member 1172

Deleted member 1172 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've used Kessil, AI, and Ecotech. So far, I've loved my Ecotech, but they're not cheap. A lot of this decision can be made based upon your tank goals and tank size. Kessil are really good for scaling up or down depending on your need. What are your tank details?

3. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    What size tank do you have?

4. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    After 10 years with a 6 bulb T5 fixture (that grew SPS like crazy), last year I switched to the Aqua Life 4 bulb fixture with the ability to add your choice of LED. I am very happy with the change. I'm not sure I have as much growth as with just the 6 bulb T5, but then growth has not been a factor for me. I chose the Kessil A360 wide angle tuna Blue. I really like it. It adds just the right amount of shimmer to my tank that I didn't have with just T5s. And it doesn't have the disco ball effect.

5. Ryan H

Luzerne
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I was looking to change out my bulbs on a 45 gallon freshwater and a 180 saltwater.

6. wylie New User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ai prime hd best bang for your buck for sure

7. Jonathon

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Picked up the orphek v4 and absolutely love them. They have similar spread to t5 fixtures while still having all the other benefits of led. One of the things I really like that's different though is that they are capable of being repaired and getting future upgrades to the leds. BRS has a really good review on them comparing it to other fixtures if you're interested.