1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Kidde fire extinguisher recall-SAFETEY ISSUE!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Waterrat41, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Waterrat41 Addicted Reefer GIRS Member

Des moines
    Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -0
    Hey all, I have never seen anything in the news or any publication about this (but that doesn't mean there wasn't any), but just in case you are like me and never heard about this, I thought I would throw this out there.
    Pretty much every smaller Kidde extinguisher with a plastic handle or push button operator on it built since 1974 has been recalled. There is a PDF list on the website but it does not come close to listing all models effected. If you have any Kidde F Es around I would recommend starting a claim on the website and look for your model in the drop downs.
    I had one in my kitchen from the 70's I should have replaced years ago anyway and one in my Tracker boat that was on the list. You would have thought Tracker would have sent a notice to everyone they sold boats to that they were bad.
    Anyway, I did this and they send you brand new replacements and return shipping labels to send the old ones back at no charge.
    Everyone please look around your home and get replacements if you have recalled units!
    You can't be too safe,...and if it's free you don't have any excuse not to be.

2. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Nice PSA. I had seen it on facebook several months back. I had 2 replaced. Which reminds me I still have the old ones to send back.
    I ordered mine on amazon and can't believe with amazon's record of who bought them they wouldn't be sending out notices to those effected.