1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

keys critters group buy #2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by matt the fiddler, Nov 24, 2009.

1. matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well, since I was not at the swap, and didn't have my tank ready i didn't get in..   But am considering an order if anyone wants in for Ricordia or snails, etc.
    If you are interested in seeing what a group can work out- post here,   I am in the QC, but we could easily ship (or have a box driven) from me to you for cheap- especially if a few people from your area get in.
    I likely will get on of the larger cleaner packages for my 180, and some ricordias.  The more the merrier...   Maybe they will give us a discount price as an "extension" of the previous order /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif 
    Matt

2. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    I'm in! I'll let you for what exactly soon.

3. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    I'm in! I'll let you for what exactly soon. And I can pick up for anyone in mt. Pleasent/ burlington area

4. matt the fiddler

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    we do have to figure out prices and all AJ- do you have a quote list for when you did the previous order with quantity breaks?

5. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    I'm in! I'll let you for what exactly soon. And I can pick up for anyone in mt. Pleasent/ burlington area

6. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes Matt, I have that along with some spread sheets that will calculate the costs. I will warn you that the blue leg crabs and ceriths were really small. I would recommend only to order the "fancy" blue legs and ceriths as they were a bit bigger. Their astras were great and cheap! The scarlets were fantastic. Beautiful, deep red with yellow accents. The rics were nice too and cheap. The emeralds were nice sized, but I lost more of them than anything else. I ordered 4 and after 5 died, I only ended up getting 1. The shrimp were on the small side, but cheap. Some stuff was not available and we were refunded accordingly. Shipping was expensive and they only ship on Wednesdays. We didn't even come close to hitting any of their quantity discounts.

--AJ

7. cowdust9

cowdust9 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    des moines area by any chance?

8. Casey

Casey Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I missed out the last time and would like to maybe get in on the order for some of their Ricordea. When are you wanting to place the order. (CR area)

9. matt the fiddler

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    well, hopefully before the weather gets too much colder... though I can pack heat for shipping stage # 2 QC to you guys

I am going to say also, if we are doing the double ship- snails and ricordia I am sure they will do just fine (have done both before with Keys that way) but shrimp and non hermit crabs i don't recommend, and are at your own risk. If you wan tot do a pick up in the QC, that is a different story :)

I am going to start a running list here of who is interested by City. I will figure some shipping system out- and will try to get something as fair as possible.. (please only include your name if 80-90% sure)

it would be nice to order in a week or two.... for me I just have to keep my algae levels in check... they may have some extra mowign over to do over christmas if we wait /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

10. matt the fiddler

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If I get a shipment to the QC, I can then ship out to DM or CR, etc.

I am going really only for astreas... maybe a few cereths... depends on the package.

11. nuccatree

nuccatree

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am looking for crabs (blue and red) and astreas as well with a cucumber

12. matt the fiddler

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ok, AJ has informed me that we will have to buy in quantities... IE 200 astrea at a time and 4 cucumbers at a time. Ricordia are individual. Because of this, and to get the lower prices we sacrifice getting to be AS picky on exactly 4 snails of this, I ask that everyone be flexible as I try to work out this crazy quantity problem to make everyone happy and keep the costs cheap and fair. etc. so here is how I think will be best to go about this.  Secondly, if you are doing the 2 stage shipping, animals like shrimp, large crabs, etc. may not make the 2 days of shipping as well as snails or hermits and ricordia will.    Please do so at your own risk..  I will take very good care at my place for your stuff. 
    1- put your city down. We can ship to other cities... but it would be really nice to get more than 1 person from DM on board to share shipping costs from here to there. The main order will be shipped to the Quad cities, so you guys can pick up from me.
    2- put down an estimated quantity of what you are willing to purchase, that you see we are making the quantity on. (Astra and Cereths are definitely on)
    3- put down your wish list, of what you would like IF we can get quantities.    As people read the wish lists.. I am sure we move some from there to the #2  We can order anything from their website at website prices if we dont' make quantities I believe
    http://keyscritters.com/
    AJ- can we post the price list here for public viewing?  or do we need to have people pm me?
    I will start
    Where
    Quad Cities
    What to Order
    40-50 fancy cereths (these are much more worth getting than the standard)
    60-80 Astrea
    6-8 ricordia
    4 peppermint shrimp
    Wish list
    1 emerald (needs 6)

13. nuccatree

nuccatree

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where
    QCA
    What to order
    50-60 astrea
    50-60 fancy blue leg
    20 red leg

Wish list
    1 cuke
    would take 2 emerald crabs if needed to fill order

14. matt the fiddler

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Update #1 -   keep double checking info on this as I update.  Information is repeated in each update to make sure any changers are reflected :) PM me or post here what you want, and double check my latest update to make sure I got your stuff right.  pm me for a price estimate, I won't post those until AJ gives the ok. I am anticipating some bartering/ changing quantites as we get closer to placing the order.

blue is how many we have to order at once
    BOLD is how many we currently have
    red is how many we need to order/ get to the next level.
    Now Shipping to: Quad Cities 
    People accounted for: Matt the Fiddler, Nuccatree

Item name  (pack size)  #ordered,     # needed to fill
    Astrea (200)                  110-140         60-90
    fancy cereths (50)         40-50              0-10
    fancy blue leg (100)       50-60             40-50
    peppermint shrimp (4)   4                      0
    emerald (6)                     3                    3
    ricordia (1)                     6-8                 n/a                   
    red leg (50)                     20                   30  
    Cucumber (4)                                      3

[hr]

this is what I have for each person
    Nuccatree, Quad Cities
    50-60 astrea
    50-60 fancy blue leg
    20 red leg
    Wish list
    1 cuke

Matt the Fiddler, Quad Cities
    40-50 fancy cereths
    60-80 Astrea
    6-8 ricordia
    4 peppermint shrimp
    Wish list
    1 emerald (needs 6)

15. matt the fiddler

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My goal is going to be order on Dec 7th for Delivery on Dec 10th... which means we have about a week to figure this out Other wise, it is too close to me being out for a week on vacation... and people probably don't want their stuff sitting at my place for a week with me not there.
    We might have to push to January if we miss the Dec 7th deadline...  UGG ...lets not.
    Get your requests in ASAP and AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  so we can figure what we still need, have to cut or add to make the order work

16. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Matt...check your e-mail. Just got some info from Corrie.

--AJ

17. Casey

Casey Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Order:
    6 Ricordea:
    (2) Orange/Red
    (3) Blue
    (1) Green]

Do you have any idea yet what the shipping would be to Cedar Rapids? I didn't see anyone else yet placing an order from here, so if it's not reasonably cheap, I may just come pick them up the evening they arrive. How are you wanting to work out the payment?

Thanks for organizing all of this.

Casey

18. nuccatree

nuccatree

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Order:
    10 astrea
    20 Fancy Blue
    10 crieth snails
    *this is in addition to my origianl order

19. matt the fiddler

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Casey,

I would likey do paypal or cash.. final postage from me to you will depend on how many ship and method you choose... final postage from them to me I will prorate by the item... unless those participating/ club officers want to include CR or DM shipping in the total "shipping" to get the order here.... if you drive from CR to my place- i will throw in some frags from my tank :)

BUT Casey.. can you try to talk some other locals into taking advantage of the discount?

20. matt the fiddler

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Posted By matt the fiddler on 11/27/2009 01:23 AM

Update #2 -   keep double checking info on this as I update.  Information is repeated in each update to make sure any changers are reflected :) PM me or post here what you want, and double check my latest update to make sure I got your stuff right.  pm me for a price estimate, I won't post those until AJ gives the ok. I am anticipating some bartering/ changing quantites as we get closer to placing the order.

blue is how many we have to order at once
    BOLD is how many we currently have
    red is how many we need to order/ get to the next level.
    Now Shipping to: Quad Cities 
    People accounted for: Matt the Fiddler, Nuccatree

Item name  (pack size)  #ordered,     # needed to fill
    Astrea (200)                  120-150         50-80
    fancy cereths (50)         50-60              0  (+10)
    fancy blue leg (100)       70-80             20-30
    peppermint shrimp (4)   4                      0
    emerald (6)                     3                    3
    ricordia (1)                     12-14              n/a                   
    red leg (50)                     20                   30  
    Cucumber (4)                                      3

[hr]

this is what I have for each person
    Nuccatree, Quad Cities
    50-60 astrea
    50-60 fancy blue leg
    20 red leg
    Wish list
    1 cuke

Nucca Tree part 2
    , Quad Cities
    10 astrea
    20 Fancy Blue leg Hermits
    10 crieth snails (assuming fancy ceriths- the normals are REALLLY small)

Matt the Fiddler
    , Quad Cities
    40-50 fancy cereths
    60-80 Astrea
    6-8 ricordia
    4 peppermint shrimp
    Wish list
    1 emerald (needs 6)

Casey, Cedar Rapids - yes! CR
    6 Ricordea: (2) Orange/Red (3) Blue (1) Green