1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Just saying Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gered, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi my name is Gered.  I am attending Kirkwood at the moment and had a 12g Nano-Cube DX pretty much  thrust into my lap about a month and a half ago.  I had a friend shipping out overseas and new I kept fish so said a hundred dollars take it all.  So I got the tank itself with the matching stand, some live rock, live sand, a false clown, 2 damsels, scooter blenny and a number of small hermit crabs plus a few other random supplies.  I have never kept a SW tank before but have done some looking into it over the years.  The tank was either not cycled or it started cycling again after I set it back up so I was sure I would lose some fishing but actually didnt lose anything except 2 snails.  The tank is looking good now and seems to be cycled.  Oh yes and I upgraded the return pump to a 1200 which sounds like a common upgrade and also put a in a koralia nano in the tank for some more movement
    If you have any helpful advice please share!  Also if anyone has some frags of beginner corals let me know.  I am ready to start making it look even better.  Thanks!

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey, welcome to GIRS!

This club is a great place to come for answers. I've been in the hobby for a few years now and I still learn stuff from members of this club all of the tiem.

If you want to try out some easy "Softies" let me know and I can hook you up with some basic stuff like GSP, Xenia and Kenya Trees. I'm located in Marion.

-JB

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey welcome,

I hope you enjoy your first tank, it is usually addictive.

4. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club and saltwater :) It's very addicting, but my advice is to take it slow, research and ask questions before a purchase and you'll save yourself a few headaches down the road.

5. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the GIRS.  This club is really help for info and if you do want to add anything to your tank or upgrade, this is a good place to start.

6. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS!

7. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, hope you can join us for the Cedar Rapids tank tour the 19th of this month.  More info here.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  8. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Burky, The fall fest is just around the corner, should find some awesome frags to put in there!!