1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Just Installed New Vortec Propeller Pump from Ecotech Marine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Madjabjoe, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Madjabjoe

Madjabjoe Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just installed the new Vortec propeller pump and man is this thing cool. At first I turned it to full speed and instantly debris and what not start to lift off the rocks and sand. This thing has 360 degrees of water flow. It pulls water from everywhere. I currently am using the wireless wave driver and it really does make waves when set on pulse mode. My anemone sways back and forth as if there is a little surf in the tank. I had been concerned that it might be noisy but I can’t here anything…my halide fans are louder than it. It has only been running for 4 hrs so things could change but right now all is quite.

2. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    cool man, congrats on the killer pump.

one of these days im gonna start stashing some cash every week and get some of those pumps.

3. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Joe, nice score. What size tank do you have it on? Where is it mounted, on the back or side?

4. Madjabjoe

Madjabjoe Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Slovan,

I have it mounted on my 90gal. I have it on the side glass panel right now. The current does not reach all the way across to the other side but is does reach 3/4 of the way across.