1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

just bought a RK2...any tips and tricks :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by snowman82, Jun 20, 2009.

1. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so i gota RK2 off ebay today, comes with ph and temp probe, 8 outlet and seperate 2 outlet for 162 bucks.  never dealt with one, all i plan on using it for at this time is lights and heaters eventually calc reactor just wondering if there was any tips and tricks to the unit :)

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know CyberJester and B-Rad have ReefKeeper controllers. They can probably give you tips. I was very close to buying one new, but I got frustrated with their customer service and ended up buying a used AC3. I also know the ReefKeeper controllers are really popular in other groups, but in GIRS, it seems like many/most use the Neptune AquaControllers. I have seen the forums on their site...you may want to start there.

--AJ

3. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i couldn't pass it up with everything that was with it, i wanted originally to have one with net support but decided i really didn't NEED it :) I'm hoping this will do the main things i'm wanting.

4. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, sounds like you got a *smokin'* deal!! I'm not saying that RK2 was not the way to go, just mentioning that even tho more people in our club have the AC's instead. Other clubs are just the opposite.

--AJ

5. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh yeah i know :)