1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Just bought a house....

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by acidlittle, Oct 5, 2008.

1. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    OK So me and the Fiance just bought a house, we move the weekend of the 27th, now here is the issue...
    I have a 24gal aquapod that is WAY overstocked.  Right now it has 2 good sized PJ cardinals, one 4yr old clown, a Yellow watchman Goby, bar goby, and the best fish yet, a target mandarin goby.
    I am wanting to thin this crowd out, and the lady likes the PJ cardinals, and I love my clownfish, so this leaves me one of the final three to keep.  I want to keep the YWG as I raised him from a lil lad.  The bar goby will probably be free as it isn't all that special (great fish gets along with everybody, sleeps with the YWG in the same hole!) and the target mandarin Goby.  The Goby I was wanting to get like $30 out of because I have gotten him to eat frozen mysis and brine (along with copepods and natural stuff).
    So if anybody in the DSM area has a tank LARGER then mine (lol hard to get bigger then a 24gal right? pfffff) and well established, and is interested in the fish, let me know!  I am NOT going to fish them out before I move as I don't want to dismantle the tank right now.  But if you are flexible and interested just let me know, I only want the best home for the Gobies as they really are great fish!  Thanks all!
    Hopefully once I get moved I will be able to get back into the swing of the hobby!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll take the mandarin. Male of female?

3. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I think it's a male (has the extra fin ontop right?)

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has the little flag deal on the dorsal fin, yes. Also, assume it's got the random pattern rather than the rings? Can't remember what the two are called...

5. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    actually it is a "target" mandarin, not the random flow but the little circles!! You would be welcome to come look at the fish first if your on the fence. I also have a clam I don't have room for anymore!

6. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ok I changed my mind. I want to keep the mandarin but now I'm getting rid of the Yellow Watchman Goby and Bar Goby, I would like them to go tonight, If anybody has a frag of some easy to keep soft coral I would gladly do a trade! PM me if interested!