1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Just an update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shaun, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have not been on for a bit so I figured I would post an update of my tank. It has been growing in quite well. I have added several sps and zoo frags that have all been going well except for the disapearing digi, no idea what happened to it . I found that it was just gone one day. I have never found it or even a skeleton. But moving on my mandering found his way into a pump. My firefish found his way into the belly of my green brittle star and my brittle star found his way into some one elses tank, LOL. But that is about it for bummer news. The good news is that my calcium has finaly settled out and ALL of my SPS are growing quite well, almost at an alarming rate. The pic below does not have my new bubnle tip in it but does give an idea of how well the tank is doing. Take a look and feel free to give your opinions and suggestions. Shaun

[​IMG]

2. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Before anyone says anything, I did get the acrylic clean. This is one my wife took while I was cleaning it. The bad part is it is one of the better pics, I will forever leave the camera alone. Shaun

3. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looking good. How big is it? :)

4. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Just another pic

5. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is a 100 gallon acrylic tank with a 55 gallon sump. I use a modified super skimmer 65 a phosban reactor and an 18 watt uv sterilizer.

6. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lookin good Shaun.

7. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank You

8. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    What kind of lighting do you use? It looks like it's brighter on the right and progresses to lower output as it moves left...

Also, I don't know how much work it would involve, but it might look nicer to have the cannopy cover the tank a little more, at least up to the water line. Again, this is just a suggestion, it might look just fine in person, it's just that I notice it in the pics.

Tank looks really nice though!

9. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have two 250 watt mh with T5 atinics. The one on the left has a blue tint to it that makes the one on the right look brighter. I thought that they would blend in the tank better than they do. I am still not completley done with all the trim work yet and i am planning on doing some trim that will cover the top of the water line. I am also thinking I need some more lower light corals to put down lower but I am taking things real slow so that is all for later on down the road. Maybe I will get it looking good enough that people may want to drive clear out here to see it, LOL. With the price of gas probably not so I will just keep posting pics and getting more ideas. Thank you all, Shaun